Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new (to me) 65 plate Cooper S on Tuesday. Dealer brought it from Coventry to me in Scotland. Very happy with service from dealer and the car is great.

However went to wash it yesterday and noticed a small ding on the front below the number plate.

It's been missed by me on handover. I contacted the salesman and he said he would get back to me on Monday.

My solution is very simple. I take it to a body shop and have it repaired with the dealer paying. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I remember you saying you had lots of photos before buying it, did it show then?

The issue is as kenl said its a used car and they normally have a mark somewhere...

Would a dealer pay the hourly rate charged by another body shop when they have their own who could do it at a fraction of the cost?

You can only ask and see I guess..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I totally get that it's only a tiny mark and that it's a second hand car but i specifically asked if the bodywork had any dings etc, one alloy had to be refurbed.

I just think that they should be willing to do something.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I agree - they should be stumping up the cost to sort that. You could take it to a more local MINI dealer to do the work..

However I've just been told I have to go to where I bought the car for them to assess my paint, which is a 200 mile round trip. Can't just go to the one 16 miles down the road!

You bought the car from a distance and therefore I think there is a distance sales of goods act or something that could be worth reading up on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just a quick thought....

Before we get into a long thread about rights etc. maybe just wait until the dealer has come back with what they plan to do..
The young salesman who has been fantastic actually stated in a text to me that "this must have happened on the way up to you" therefore I reckon it should be ok to be honest.

I'll update when I hear from him tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
I was going to suggest it may have happened on the way. If it were mine I'd leave as is. I wouldn't want it painted or the hassle to be honest.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
It actually looks more like a friction induced rub mark than a stone chip or something. The pictures are really good clarity and you can see some friction rubbing from the plastic.
There is a good chance this has happened during transport and not from daily driving.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It actually looks more like a friction induced rub mark than a stone chip or something. The pictures are really good clarity and you can see some friction rubbing from the plastic.
There is a good chance this has happened during transport and not from daily driving.

Yes even if it was a stone chip the white paint is still in tact, it may already have been touched up though. I'll update later when the salesman gets back to me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yes just in from work. The salesman text me to say they were looking for my nearest Sytner dealership. As we don't have any up here in Scotland I told him that would be difficult. He then came back to say they also own Porsche dealerships, one being in Glasgow. I informed him that this would require me having a courtesy car, he then asked me where my nearest Mini dealer was, I told him and he's getting back to me. So it looks like it's going to get sorted!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.