Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Picked up my brand new 65 plate F55 yesterday in White Silver - it's gorgeous. The only thing I thought was going to be there but wasn't was the small storage compartment above the glove box?

The salesperson said they have stopped adding in this storage on the latest batches. My usual sales contact is on holiday, so I'm not convinced by her answer. It was definitely in a previous showroom model, though who knows exactly what spec that would have had!

Can anyone advise? I have a UK Cooper, Chili pack - which includes the storage pack - but looking on the mini configurer last night this seems to make reference more to the boot storage options.

Thanks in advance all!

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as I know it's been deleted from the Chilli pack and is no longer available. I think the driver's roof mounted grab handle has gone too. There was a thread somewhere on here about it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,

Im picking mine up next week which will be the 65 plate and I was told it probably won't be on the car as they've stopped adding it.
Starting with the 2016 model year builds the F55 and F56 no longer has the "secret" storage compartment. The claim is to allegedly streamline production, but [IMO] it's likely a cost cut to keep the 2016 prices the same as the 2015's. The F56 cubby is a fraction the size of the one in the R56, so it's not like there's a bunch of storage missing.

Source: Motoringfile

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks so much all. I ordered my 65 plate very early (End of May!) so I guess it was still on show at that point and they probably didn't even know it was going.
Yes it's a recent change, so recent that even some 2016 models (such as mine MCS 2016) that were produced before june 2016 still have the small compartment :D, some of the things that your car might not have would be the net below the trunk floor or the rear fog lights.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Even dropped the sun visor above the drivers door and under boot floor storage net before this.....at least I still had the top compartment from May build.

The configurator was still showing an above floor cargo net though as part of the storage pack but this was mysteriously missing.........emailed Mini UK about this but still waiting on dealer to rectify!!!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Cargo net should not have been deleted...only costs about $35 so I bought one...and it's a nice addition to the std little boot depression. The net should come with the car std imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The most important storage is gone!

Hi everyone

Picked up my brand new 65 plate F55 yesterday in White Silver - it's gorgeous. The only thing I thought was going to be there but wasn't was the small storage compartment above the glove box?

The salesperson said they have stopped adding in this storage on the latest batches. My usual sales contact is on holiday, so I'm not convinced by her answer. It was definitely in a previous showroom model, though who knows exactly what spec that would have had!

Can anyone advise? I have a UK Cooper, Chili pack - which includes the storage pack - but looking on the mini configurer last night this seems to make reference more to the boot storage options.

Thanks in advance all!
I had to find out the same with my 2016 JCW I picked up 2 days ago! Where to put my sunglasses now!? :(

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have no hooks in the trunk to attach the net to. :|
Seriously? How about at the rear of the floor...no black metal hooks? I posted up pics of the net installed sometime back.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The original purpose of the compartment on the previous R56 model was to mount a multi cd player. The compartment was carried over on the F56 model and is smaller and largely redundant because hardly anyone would spec a multi cd player on a new car now and its not large enough to be of much use.
No great loss as far as Im concerned,I cant remember when I last used mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My build date is June 2015. I do not have the side sun visor or the net, but I do have the hooks and the small compartment. No use for it though; it's too small to actually hold anything... :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
No sun side visor, I have the net but not the hooks :| and no no every mini has those hooks (the ones on the side) and those actually required another net that it's sold separately, I think he meant the hooks that the false floor has below it to attach the net.

We have talked about it in another post: http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mini-f56-general-discussion/31914-cargo-net.html

Oh and I managed to find the post where you can read the news about the changes in the 2016 Mini: http://www.minif56.com/forum/289-mi...uct-updates-include-some-major-surprises.html

I'm just happy that I got the small compartment, it's one of those quirky things that makes different a Mini in my point of view and it's surprisingly "big" as someone said already it's the perfect place to put your sunglasses and well I keep a usb cable, a 12v to usb adapter and stuff like that also.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.