Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Thank for accepting me into this forum! I have a Volcanic Orange Cooper 3 door and its only 3 weeks old. I am most concerned that its only hit 2000ks and I noticed this afternoon when the wife started it up that there was smoke coming from the back! It was a noticeable puff but seem to have gone away quickly. I've seen it twice now. I wasn't too sure of the colour, but it was like blue black? It was definately a darker colour. The car had been sitting for about 2 hours prior.

The problem is I live 400kms away from the nearest Mini dealer and my wife is freaking out because she doesn't want to damage the engine.

I was thinking because its a new car, maybe there is something inside motor that gets burnt off eventually but I'm not so sure. Has anyone else had this problem?

:eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I think there's one thread here like that but not right .Get it checked!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Sorry I mean get the car checked. It shouldn't smoke at all. Perhaps white steam ie condensation but no other colour!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi M156

It was my Cooper that had this problem, which only got worse over time.

Our car would only do it intermittently, but it was discovered that a valve seat had failed in the cylinder head. I needed a new head, plus undisclosed other parts.

Our car was exchanged given that the problem happened with such a low mileage.

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Thanks Chris that's what i was looking for!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2014 F56 which left a huge cloud of blue smoke after being sat for 2 weeks and it smokes on start up now occasionally whether sat overnight or a couple of hours

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
That sounds very much like a valve stem oil seal issue! Dealer needs to sort this for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts