Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got a new 2016 Cooper S and was hoping to get a snap-in adapter for the arm rest, for my iPhone 6s PLUS, so I can benefit from having Spotify connectivity, but with the phone out of site (and no cables hanging out the USB port at the front).

I sent an enquiry to my local BMW Mini dealership and they advised that the adaptor is £180(!) but they're not sure if it will fit my iPhone 6S PLUS or not. They know it fits the smaller, regular sized iPhone6(S).

So, I'm hoping that someone can confirm one way or the other for 100% whether there is a compatible adapter for the PLUS sized iPhone 6(S). And if there is, how much it costs, and where from?

Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't think the snap-in adapter will fit the + size iPhones. I have the universal adapter and tried out my girlfriend's 7+ iPhone. It would only fit without a case. The universal adapter has a cable you plug into the phone instead of it snapping in so it gives you a little more flexibility.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I believe the universal snap in adapter will work with your phone, but you cannot use a case as it will not fit.

Universal snap in adapter part #: 84 21 2 365 786

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the universal snap-in adapter and an iPhone 6s+. It fits without the case and also with a thin Spigen case. However, with the case you are not getting the phone touching the metal on the adapter which I believe will not allow improved network coverage through the cars aerials. Also with a case on a journey of say 2 hours then the phone gets incredibly hot and one time it shut itself down to stop it overheating.

Quite like having the phone out of site etc. But it was a **** of a lot of money for what it is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the universal snap-in adapter and it fits my iPhone 6s Plus nicely, with Apple Leather case.

You're right though, it's a stupid price for what it is! Thankfully I had a £100 Mini accessories voucher but even with that, it still stung!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.