Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had so much fun tonight! First time using the snow foam, didn't quite get it right but it's a starting point.

:)

Just snowfoam and towel tap dry with proper drying towel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks good to me, what product did you use? And how long did you let it dwell for before washing off?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good to me, what product did you use? And how long did you let it dwell for before washing off?
I used autobrite magifoam and left it on for 10 minutes I reckon. It was more of a test to see how it would work and get a quick wash in. I'd been to the gym so got home late so no chance to fo any protection or polish but it was fun.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cool, that magifoam is good stuff, I've left it over half an hour before ha. Probably doesn't do your protection much good though leaving it so long but sure 10 mins is fine.
You just need some tyre dressing now :p

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Looks good stuff I've never tried it. May have to.

·
Registered
F57 Sidewalk Edition Cooper S
46 Posts
In Spain is forbidden to clean the car in the street, you have to do it in a washcar place or or inside your property.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Snow Foam Lance

Just a quick question to help me decide and which Snow Foam lance/gun to go for. I see 2 different types. One where you simply attach a hose and the lance has its own trigger OR one where you connect it to a pressure washer.

Does it make much of a difference?

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just a quick question to help me decide and which Snow Foam lance/gun to go for. I see 2 different types. One where you simply attach a hose and the lance has its own trigger OR one where you connect it to a pressure washer.

Does it make much of a difference?

Cheers
Hi ya,

I have the one that attaches to a pressure washer and it looks just like the photos above when I use it but my neighbour has a normal hose one and it just looks like foamy water when sprayed on the car. If you have a pressure washer then that's the one you should go for. The snowfoam will dwell longer and soften the dirt a lot more and then in theory there should be less chance of damaging paint. I don't have any pics of my F55 being foamed yet but below is one of my old Clubman from about 5 years ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi ya,

I have the one that attaches to a pressure washer and it looks just like the photos above when I use it but my neighbour has a normal hose one and it just looks like foamy water when sprayed on the car. If you have a pressure washer then that's the one you should go for. The snowfoam will dwell longer and soften the dirt a lot more and then in theory there should be less chance of damaging paint. I don't have any pics of my F55 being foamed yet but below is one of my old Clubman from about 5 years ago.
Yes I have a karcher pressure washer so I'll go for the one to attach to that. Appreciate the reply.

cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I have a karcher pressure washer so I'll go for the one to attach to that. Appreciate the reply.

cheers
Wickes have the Karcher one on offer. I bought one last week for £18. Lots cheaper than I have seen on line. It was reduced from 30 odd pounds and works really well and it included a litre of foam.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just have a look at the Karcher one but I am not sure I works that well. Certainly the one I have is an called a snowfoam lance and it normally is got from detailing suppliers. I think mine was about £40ish a came with some snow foam liquid. I think from memory this is my one

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/in...heavy-duty-foam-lance-various-connectors.html

Also something to keep in mind is that there is a forum called Detailing World and this will give you all the advice you could need for safely washing your car and also there are sometimes discounts on the detailing supplier sites for detailing world members.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Going to try the karcher if. I can get one today as halfords just up the road and selling for £20. If weather stays dry I'll try it today and post the results.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So bought the karcher fj10c and washed my astra estate and wife's Citroen c1. As still 2 weeks before getting mini thought it would be good idea to try things out. Spent £35 in halfords and £3.99 on demon shine spray in b&m stores, that's about half price so good deal.

Anyhow first impressions of the karcher fj10c. I like. Whether these things clean better than ordinary car shampoo and bucket remains to be seen but it does seem easier with the fj10. Turned dial about half way and got a good amount of form. Let it lie for about 10 minutes power hosed it off then turned dial down a bit and put more foam on. This is where it makes it worth while. Got the noodle mitt with a clean bucket of water and just used the foam still on the car to wash it. Seen someone else on here doing it this way and it is a lot easier than using a soapy bucket.

Happy with karcher and the results.

Did do wife's car and turned dial right up and whilst more foam, it went though it a lot quicker. Used half a bottle in total.

Used demon shine after and that really done the job.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts