Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time on March 1, when MINI Canada sponsored Snowkyo Drift. This was an opportunity to drive an ice and snow covered track with the help of driving instructors and professional racer; James Hinchcliffe. We all learned how to sport our way around in less than ideal conditions. Thanks to Chris Javellana, a fellow miniac, I offer two pictures of myself and my car. Note that I am not including embarrassing moments when instead of cornering I executed (not entirely a choice) a 360 degree spin. That was fun but hardly the point of the exercise.

A great time was had by all attendees and we were just blow away by MINI Canada's sponsorship of this event who not only provided the training talent, but an excellent luncheon too.

Oost

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That sounds like so much fun!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was interesting was that a F56 with good winter tires held up quite well against the All4 Countryman and Paceman models. Sure a well driven All4 with good tires would beat the 2WD F56 but not by a lot. There were all kinds of MINIs in attendance: 1st and 2nd gen, coupes, roadsters and clubbmans. Some even came with all season tires. We learned how to make the best of the traction we had. I think this kind of event in a place like Canada is a good way to make better MINI drivers. (not speaking about the actor - totally different Mini Driver)

Still grinning,
Oost

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Yes check auto expresses comparison on YouTube. Winter tyre on 2wd much better than a4wd with summers on.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Trouble is here in the uk lots of my colleagues who are scared of driving in snow won't believe me or won't invest and then want the day off at the slightest whiteness. Gets me grrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trouble is here in the uk lots of my colleagues who are scared of driving in snow won't believe me or won't invest and then want the day off at the slightest whiteness. Gets me grrrrrrrr.
Here in Ontario winter tires are not mandatory. However in the province of Quebec they are required during the winter season. I think they make sense but some people don't resond to sensible thinking. Personally I won't do winter in this part of Canada without them. Oh and missing work because of snow, it better be measured in feet and not inches. ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is one of the reasons why I ended up picking a MINI instead of anything else for my next car, which arrives in January. Also the dealer that I purchased from does performance driving events which I only just found out about. I totally plan on taking advantage of the various events.

I really really hope MINI Canada puts together a second Snowkyo event.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone going to the 2016 Snowkyo drift event at Milton on Feb 28, 2016?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts