Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking forward to getting a mini till I read all the problems on here, ended up getting a civic type r and only a thousand more than a john copper works fully loaded and all I can say is what a car. It's a dream to drive and the handling is second to none, look at one of these drives so much better tgan any mini i have tried.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Was looking forward to getting a mini till I read all the problems on here, ended up getting a civic type r and only a thousand more than a john copper works fully loaded and all I can say is what a car. It's a dream to drive and the handling is second to none, look at one of these drives so much better tgan any mini i have tried.

I disagree with you. I am sure all Honda cars are not fault free. Every car manufacturer has problems and issues with their cars. What matters is what you like and happy with your purchase at the end of the day.

It seem that you are quite happy with your Type R. I wish you good luck and safe motering.. :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
I disagree with you. I am sure all Honda cars are not fault free. Every car manufacturer has problems and issues with their cars. What matters is what you like and happy with your purchase at the end of the day.

It seem that you are quite happy with your Type R. I wish you good luck and safe motering.. :)
Well said.....I AGREE.....sounds like we have a troll on the forum...They don't know what they are missing out...

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Perfectly fine to voice your displeasure on a Mini forum. I don't agree either, but I must say Honda Civics have never excited me from day one of their production....way too boring for me! Let me guess....you bought a silver one! Just an fyi, MINI was just listed 2nd behind Mercedez Benz in customer satisfaction in a recent study so they can't be all that bad!

Cheers!:)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congrats! I used to drive a Prius and it looks like Honda have copied that cool Prius styling. Looks awesome in white!

·
Registered
66 Posts
?????????

Sorry, but excuse me for my American manners, but this guy is an *******.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Of course you read about problems, that's what people post up on forums, looking for advice/guidance from fellow owners. Christ it would be pretty monotonous if we all posted up "I've had my car for over a year, and it's been great....". I've had my car for over a year, and it's been great btw :D

Be careful if you ever go to your local Halfords, the staff will think they've been ram raided and you pinched all the stick-on plastic spoiler bits.

And for what it's worth, you waited this long, I think you should have waited a bit longer for a Focus RS. Edited to say I just noticed you're from Dagenham, even more reason for you to get the RS surely

Now toddle off to the Honda forums ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Didn't think the new Type-R was available yet? (other than for advance orders)

I had both an EP3 (the "breadvan") and FN2, and since had R56 and F56 Minis. ALL of these cars have been fun to drive. Take a look at the civictyper.co.uk website and you'll find similar comments and issues relating to fixes and reliability as on this forum.

The Type-R ** and MCS have different driving styles when driving enthusiastically - typical of normally aspirated versus turbo engines. As I've got older I decided I didn't want to keep taking the engine to the redline to get all the power, hence my move a few years ago to the R56. That said, I do miss the fun of that Vtec kick - like most people, though I can't afford to keep two cars.

(** taking into account the new Type-R is a turbo)

·
Registered
34 Posts
The answers here are too polite. They guy cannot even spell the word "buy" correctly. That's was all I needed to know, or that his handle is "baldyspoon" (WTF?), to understand whatever he'd write, including other typos in his post ("tgan", and "mini" and "i"), would be troll spunk. He has 93 posts? He's been here that long? I won't be looking up his profile or other posts. Just scrape him off your shoes.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
AS ABOVE;totally agree with all the comments-(except Baldy's of course!!!!) if you trawl the net you will find plenty of faults on hondas, including the civic; s2000 engine seizures(i know of two) jazz cvt gearboxes , air bags, electric window switch recalls etc etc. Honda do treat their customers really well imo and sort these issues quickly and this helps to cover things up ie people don't complain if it is sorted quickly.

I'm not saying mini don't either since in my experience mini customer service is second to none and in fact by far and away the best i have ever had. However this doesn't apply to all dealers it appears!

HOWEVER above all else I couldn't live with a new Civic; any type; the design just looks a total mess to me and i dislike it intensely. I'd rather have something slower and better looking ! Now the previous gen-that was much nicer-and i liked the space age dash as it was different but the plastics inside were terrible quality imo. not been in the new one yet but it has been mentioned on reports that it isn't brilliant!

Sorry Baldy spoon, you are welcome to your civic. Not for me ta!

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Ps i'm not going to join the civic type r owners club to spout on about how ugly i think it is, so stay over there please and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a giggle when I read the title of this thread, since the car my Mini replaced was an '05 Honda Accord Hybrid. Prior, I had been very happy with Hondas, but there were problems with the car & Honda that put me off. Their Hybrid batteries caused problems for many, myself included, and Honda tried to weasel out of supporting their customers. Also, when doing research before getting my Mini (Jan of this year) I read that Honda was sticking to inferior engine design in their hybrids and other cars. My confidence in the brand was ruined. It's a shame, because there are definitely things that I liked about the way they did the interior and their cars used to be known for great durability.

While I miss the smoother ride of the Accord compared to the Mini Cooper S (with runflats, I've read elsewhere in these forums that makes a difference), the Mini is so much more fun to drive. To each their own. May the trolls be in the rear view, fading into the distance, as you grin & speed away.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I know i shouldnt have but 2 mins on the internet and oops do you really want to buy this car Baldy;

Issues I had - steering rack replaced under warranty, see previous comments about knocking. Rear suspension control arms replaced under warranty - causing excessive and uneven tyre wear at the rear. Headlamp unit replaced under warranty, levelling motor broken. Outside warranty Ive also had one failed injector and another replacement headlight (same levelling motor issue).

oh dear!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The answers here are too polite. They guy cannot even spell the word "buy" correctly. That's was all I needed to know, or that his handle is "baldyspoon" (WTF?), to understand whatever he'd write, including other typos in his post ("tgan", and "mini" and "i"), would be troll spunk. He has 93 posts? He's been here that long? I won't be looking up his profile or other posts. Just scrape him off your shoes.
Won't lie, I cannot believe how polite people have been to a (blatantly) inflammatory, trolling post. MINI owners are just too kind!

Ps i'm not going to join the civic type r owners club to spout on about how ugly i think it is, so stay over there please and enjoy your car!
Aw man, why not? It's the cool thing to do :D

But seriously, I'll never understand why people do things like this. Does it really bring that much internal satisfaction?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well I got a mini and its slowly being assembled properly while I own it. Its been super unreliable, as if it were a French car made on a bad day. Its the best worst car ever. Still, looks much better than the Honda civic.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts