Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am Pete from the New Forest. Since I was 11 or 12 I have always wanted a Mini. I used to watch a local one go by most days, it was orange, blue windows, wide wheels and loud exhaust. Now 50 years on I have decided the time has come to live the dreaam :laugh:. My current car is a 2001 Corvette which I ordered from the factory, black, red interior, targa roof, 5.7. Yes a bit different! and that idiot Cl*rks*n knows nothing, they are just great, so reliable and not that expensive to run. BUT it is 15 years old with 146K on the clock and things are now starting to go wrong after 13 years of trouble free motoring.

I have spent the last 3 days configuring and know what I want - it will be an orange and black Cooper with black wheels, Chilli + a couple of others and a spare wheel - lol why is that an option!!!

I will complete my C5 ownership by spending May driving around the south of France and then my order will be placed. So I will be inhabiting the forum for a number of months, reading with interest and learning.

I will add that a very close friend, living in Canada, has a mid/early noughties works S over here that he needs to sell, which I will consider but the Cooper is the better of the two cars for me and really I want a new car that should give me trouble free motoring. Cheers for now.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
I just love my Cooper. Great choice.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I have both and I drive the mini a lot more than the corvette, not because it is a less expensive car, but because it is more fun! Dollar for dollar or whatever currency I believe they are the most fun packed value car available! Enjoy both of your cars, the vette is fun too, and oh so fast!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have both and I drive the mini a lot more than the corvette, not because it is a less expensive car, but because it is more fun! Dollar for dollar or whatever currency I believe they are the most fun packed value car available! Enjoy both of your cars, the vette is fun too, and oh so fast!
Lol yes it is; I enjoy leaving my friends Works behind on the motorway to Le Mans; nearly got caught one year but just saw them in time! I do no think 140mph or so would have gone down too well.

Regrettably my plan includes selling the C5 :( But I have a '73 big block convertible in the garage to compensate; you just have to save up for the petrol each month!

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Welcome Pete! What is it with you Corvette guys and Minis? ;) Looking forward to seeing what you spec.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts