Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I finally bit the bullet and ordered my first new Mini Cooper JCW 2015, black in color plus red roof with sunroof..date of arrival is on first week of December...
Can you still order the 2015 Model year? Congrats!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Ah, here we have a peculiarity of the US. In the rest of the world, if you order a car in the year, it's that "model year", in the US, it's the next. Unless you buy maybe in November/December.

Not sure why, but that's the way.
That's interesting....yeah, the USA has always ended the model year in mid-to-late summer, with the new models (next year) beginning in the fall. Back in the old days, the carriers used to cover the cars in transport until unveiling at the dealer showrooms! Great fun! Right now I believe MINI is taking orders for the 2016 Model Year....will check on that.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just to confirm, my dealer tells me that in the USA new MINI orders will be 2016 models.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I finally bit the bullet and ordered my first new Mini Cooper JCW 2015, black in color plus red roof with sunroof..date of arrival is on first week of December...
Congrats on your new JCW order! :)
Did your dealer get you an invite to the new JCW launch events?
I went to the Sydney one this week. Driving the new JCW around Eastern Creek Racetrack all morning was awesome! They also gave us hot lap rides from the instructors and did a timed motor kana competition as well (and the lunch was pretty good too!).

Attachments

Reactions: drewbles

·
Registered
457 Posts
You guys seem to get all the best launch locations.......Phillip Island,Eastern Creek....what next.......Bathurst!!! Must be the V8 Supercar influence out there.

All we have here in sunny Scotland is the internationally renowned 1 mile Knockhill Circuit:laugh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thing I want to know is, if you buy a MINI in Australia, will it only do 60km on its first tank? :D :D

Sorry, had to be done....
Lol! Ok Hurbert II I'll pay that!:D ...happens to the best of us!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on your new JCW order! :)
Did your dealer get you an invite to the new JCW launch events?
I went to the Sydney one this week. Driving the new JCW around Eastern Creek Racetrack all morning was awesome! They also gave us hot lap rides from the instructors and did a timed motor kana competition as well (and the lunch was pretty good too!).
Sounds pretty much the same as the Melbourne launch I went to down at Philip Island last month. Was a great day (and now awaiting delivery of my F56 JCW in a week or two!).

*edit*
You guys drove the same cars we did (they must have trucked them up there from MEL)

When we drove them, they had around 1,000km on the clock with an average speed over 70kph on all of them :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds pretty much the same as the Melbourne launch I went to down at Philip Island last month. Was a great day (and now awaiting delivery of my F56 JCW in a week or two!).

*edit*
You guys drove the same cars we did (they must have trucked them up there from MEL)

When we drove them, they had around 1,000km on the clock with an average speed over 70kph on all of them :D
I fully agree drewbles - it was huge fun!
Mate of mine said he saw 204km/h on the HUD down the main straight!
I think after doing Phillip Island and now Eastern Creek, the poor old JCW's now need new tyres!

Attachments

Reactions: drewbles

·
Registered
47 Posts
I fully agree drewbles - it was huge fun!
Mate of mine said he saw 204km/h on the HUD down the main straight!
I think after doing Phillip Island and now Eastern Creek, the poor old JCW's now need new tyres!
That's some serious tyre chewing! It's expenses like that, that stop me from getting into motorsport as a hobby (I just fly instead, as a passenger ;)).

I too got 204kph on the HUD down the straight. Our day was a bit of a wash out, so was a little scared in the bends, but putting the power down on the straight was awesome.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.