Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I just picked up out two new MINIs on Thursday. We have had limited time to explore but have already found a few things we weren't expecting.
On my MINI I ordered the leatherette/cloth black pearl. I hadn't seen them in person so was hoping I'd like them. I don't, I love them! The shocking part is that it's leather and they have lumbar support. Bonus!
On my husband's MINI he ordered the rear park distance control. He has a bad neck and was thinking it would be useful. According to the description it is basically the beeping system to warn you when you're getting close to something. Imagine our surprise to discover it has a backup camera as well!
We also noticed that since his F55 has framed doors there is no gutter around the roof line. Not a big deal but it will make a roof graphic look better.

Hoping to discover more as we have time :).

Annette

·
Registered
254 Posts
I specified rear parking sensors only as the camera was extra ~£230? on top of just rear sensors, and they work a treat.

I'm also a fan of the doors on the F55, although the seals on the outside for a bit strange at first...

It's good to hear people are enjoying the Black Pearl, I have them in my recent delivery and I love them!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I've been pleasantly surprised by a lot of things on this car - accuracy of the nav, the HUD, the climate control. Probably one of my biggest surprises were the LED headlights and fogs. I can see sooooooo much better with these lights, the DRL look fantastic and clearly do their job (it's obvious I'm seen, and seen better than in my previous truck), and to date, only one person has hit me with their high beams, thinking I'm running with my high beams on. I expected "better", and what I got was "fantastic". The lights have turned out to be one of my favorite features.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.