Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to meet you Everybody,

Eagerly awaiting the delivery of my F55 5-door Cooper S Hardtop. I'll be trading in my 2006 Audi A4 3.2L S-Line, so I'm expecting quite a change - but a positive one since I've always been intrigued by MINI, and finally pulled the trigger!

Test drove on Dec. 12 and went back to the dealer in Hartford, CT on Dec. 19 to put in my order. I was mentally prepared for the months of waiting, but it turns out the nearly-exact MINI was looking for was already built, shipped and just waiting at the distribution center in NJ. The dealer put in the work order and it should be delivered "by the end of the year", so I am eagerly awaiting the phone call any day now. Not sure why it would be taking almost 2 weeks to get from NJ to CT, but maybe there are some delays with the holidays. :crying:

One question I did have though. My MA informed me the only item on my wish list that this MINI did not have was the HUD. Based on the listing he was looking at and the vehicle inquiry report that he provided to me, I can see the Fully Loaded package which has the Wired Pack, but I don't see the Wired Upgrade which would give me the HUD. However, a friend of mine told me about www . bmwarchive . org and when I search by my VIN number, "Head-up Display" is listed in the column for Optional Equipment for this VIN. Anybody have any thoughts on this? I'm not sure how accurate or reliable that website is.

Thanks again! I've attached some photos of what my MINI should look like according to miniusa.com! :nerd:

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
I've got the head up display and on my report from bmwarchive it is listed with a code "S6ADA". I'd say if that's on the ist then the car has it...

BMW seem to use the end of the VIN like a serial number... I expect the web site looks up the car information from an internal BMW database.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, MintMark. The code listed on mine is S610A. I guess only time will tell but I am officially picking up my new baby on Friday evening! Just got the call this afternoon!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally home! The dealership was a zoo today with all the Minis that were delivered for all the month-end sales. Here are some photos of my new baby.

[And FYI for those who have been reading this thread, there was no HUD display - but I'm sure I'll survive without it somehow. ;) ]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.