Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, I signed for an electric blue 2015 5-door Mini Cooper S hardtop. Delivery is estimated this Tuesday, and I can't wait. When I started looking at Minis, the 2015 models weren't out yet. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a lighter blue like there had been years earlier, and that there was only a 3-door. It was delightful when the 2015 models came in that the color I wanted was available with 5-doors.

While I've owned a few cars in the past, this is my first Mini. I've been interested in them for a while, since everyone I know who has one loves them. I've only ever been a passenger in one before, the first I've ever driven one was during my test drive. I'm happy to say the suspension was smoother than another S from 2006ish I've ridden in. Overall, the handling was awesome, and the Mini really did bring a smile to my face.

My current 2005 Honda Accord is starting to show its age. You know that time, where every year there's something else that needs repair or replacement. So, it was time to get a new ride. The last 2 cars I've owned were Accords, bought used. They had good safety, power and handling, but Accords aren't sport at all. It was time to get something more fun to drive, and I'm looking to many years of fun with my blue monster.

While I've been waiting for delivery, I've been reading forums & watching videos to get up to speed on all the features this thing has. Let me tell you, it makes my inner geek happy. I plan on spending a few hours of quality time getting to know the features & setting things up. There has been a lot of great information on this forum (and others)!

Build:
Electric blue with black roof, mirrors and racing stripes. (What is it with this love of the black roof in Texas? If this wasn't the only car in the area that met my specs...).
Fully loaded package
Parking distance control + rear view camera
Heads up display

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Prepare to have a stupid grin on your face for weeks.

Congratulations, and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very much looking forward to the stupid grin! I had one all throughout the test drive. Just got an update from the Mini Owner folks that my Mini is on a truck on the way to the dealership. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow!

I have to say that there's so much good information on the forums that it's a bit disappointing that updates from my salesperson have been rather sparse. To her credit, she gave me my manufacturing # (but only after I asked). Ah well, a little more patience and I'll be grinning while cruising along in my new awesomemobile.

Reactions: uke

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yesterday, I took delivery! There was definitely a goofy grin on my face during the drive home. There hasn't been a lot of opportunity yesterday and today to really put it through its paces, but just going to the grocery store is lots more fun. Such personality! I'll get a few pictures when the weather isn't so rainy & miserable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts