Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob here, just ordered a Mini Cooper from Dreyer & Reinbold in Indianapolis. I've been an MG enthusiast for 45 years with an MGB and an MGTD. My daily driver Oldsmobile needs replacing so I decided to forgo my usual GM employee discount, and buy a car I would really like. I was planning on getting an "S" or a "Works", but my girlfriend and I are too wide for the "Sports Seats". Evidently, the "S" and "Works" can't be ordered with base seats. (We fit in the base seats just fine.) I am a little disappointed, but I find the 1.5L engine up to the job. I'm amassed how quiet, smooth and perky that little 3 cyl engine is. I spotted a "Works" model cream colored with a red top on the lot. I fell in love with that color scheme, but a red top is not available on the Cooper. So I settled on red with a black top and black stripes on the bonnet. I wonder how many sales Mini has missed due to restrictive options, especially the seats!

Believe it or not, but this will be my forth three cylinder car. I've had two Saab 96's and a Chevrolet Sprint.

Bobby D.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Welcome Bobby! I'm from your part of the country originally (IL), and my wife is a Hoosier!

Just an fyi....you can indeed order the base seats in the JCW (and most likely the MCS too here in the USA)...I almost built mine with those by accident when configuring my JCW.

But, you'll be thrilled with the MINI, especially if you are an old school MG guy. My brother-in-law has an old MG...I think it's a '53...I helped him get it going a few years ago and what a hoot it was working on that car...wooden floor and all! The MINI will be a wee bit quicker than your old TD though!

Enjoy!

John

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Bobby, I bought my Budget Banger ( 3 Cylinder ) about 6 Weeks ago. I love the Car the built Quality is fantastic and the Engine does not feel like you got a Cylinder missing.:D I have a Loaner S right now from my Dealer since they have to do some Paint Work on the Hatch (got Finger Prints in the Clear Coat like somebody closet the Hatch at the Factory when the Paint was not dry) and I took a long Test Drive with the S love the Way the Car picks up and handles etc etc but I am happy with my 3 Cylinder BMW.:)

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
The 3 cylinder is a super engine sounds quite Porsche 911 like imo.loads of torque and pretty quick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts