Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

While reading the manual, I came across something called the, "Intelligent Emergency Respnse" system. It appears to use a SIM card and cellular technology. I'm wondering how do I know if my Cooper S is equipped with this feature?

I live in the USA and it has the loaded package.

·
Registered
288 Posts
might be the intelligent emergency e call as known here in the uk. There should be a button or something where the lights button is for changing the colours on the roof at the front.. I think it says sos or something....

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've got a button in the top bank of switches that when you press it makes a satisfying thud as it opens up to reveal a dark red square switch - a lot like those red buttons you used to get in 80's films where the world is on the brink of nuclear war. Apparently this is part of the system. If you have a crash you press this button and it dials up BMW automatically.

However, as told per my dealer, the button is somewhat redundant because if you have a bad crash it will dial up anyway.

Could be good if you got stranded!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hello,

While reading the manual, I came across something called the, "Intelligent Emergency Respnse" system. It appears to use a SIM card and cellular technology. I'm wondering how do I know if my Cooper S is equipped with this feature?

I live in the USA and it has the loaded package.
Sorry, not something we have here in the US of A.

Works kind of like OnStar where if you're in an emergency situation, you can press the button and get connected with MINI services that can dispatch the proper services.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband accidentally pressed the emergency call button (unnecessary fiddling without consulting manual). I am now left with an .active call’ message that will not go away. Does anyone know how to stop this please?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ive pressed the SOS button just out of curiosity (it is protected by a flap) and a screen came up with the coordinates, direction and a countdown timer till make the call. I've just pressed the "cancel emergency call" and it has been interrupted.

Ps. My car has no navigation system but actually there is a hidden GPS somewhere there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts