Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Is it just me or the music/radio sounds slightly out of balance in the new mini? with the windows open, i get that the sound may seem louder on one side to the other, however, i feel like the sound has a little more meat to it on the passenger side, than the driver side, especially with vocals...

·
Super Moderator
8,024 Posts
I've found in every car I've had that the side you are furthest from seems louder and clearer somehow, and adjust the balance accordingly. My theory is that the pathway is more direct and angled at you! Wonder what it oth ers think?

·
Super Moderator
8,024 Posts
Absolutely right laworthegreat. I used to read HiFi mags and people would spend thousands upgrading their HiFi, when one of their pundits reckoned a proper ear syringing would result in much better improvement. I always chuckle at that one! Had to have it done once and my ears felt as if they were sparkling!

·
Registered
12 Posts
F55 / F56 bad sound from the default audio

Hi

Do you think the default sound system is really bad?
There is no bass at all.

I have to turn the bass to MAX?

Does any sell any after market speakers and amp?

Is bluetooth audio an option? I cannot get mine to work.

Thanks/ANDREW

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi

Do you think the default sound system is really bad?
There is no bass at all.

I have to turn the bass to MAX?

Does any sell any after market speakers and amp?

Is bluetooth audio an option? I cannot get mine to work.

Thanks/ANDREW

Yes, Yes and Yes...

The Standard stereo is really really bad by todays standard in a semi-premium car.

Bluetooth handsfree is one option and Bluetooth music streaming is another option...

You can upgrade with better speakers, amps and DPS-sound processor. To get anyway near the Harman Kardon option soundwise you are looking at minimum £1000 in parts.

Just better speakers and amp makes it better but not good as the standard signal is heavily EQ:d to make the OEM-speakers sound better. The signal is heavily boosted around 60-100 hertz and between 1500-3000 hertz, this makes better aftermarket speakers with more linear frequency response sound bad.

The HK-option also has time compensation for a better sound stage, which requires a DSP to replicate.

·
Super Moderator
8,024 Posts
Check your source first. Poor quality means no bass, but the base model has only 4 speakers.it must be compromised.. Didn't hear it but the visual boost with 6 speakers sounded good to me by modern car standards. Having said that I went for th e Harmon kardon system which I love.

Reactions: archermoo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts