Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All

Does anyone know if there is a way of displaying the speed limits on the Gen3 Satnav?

The Satnav on my previous car would show what the speed limit was which was very helpful indeed!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
No idea, your previous car wasn't a MINI then as my previous 4 have had nav but no speed limits..

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
You need the driver assist package which reads speed limits. Sorry a smart car n ly carries two for a similar price to a mini!

·
Registered
6 Posts
for the nav part anyway, heads up display reads signs etc and displays the speed

Apparently that is not the case. Just ordered a new f56 couple weeks ago. At least in the states, the head up display does not show the speed limit unless you have the active driving assistance add on that adds a little camera on the back of the rear view mirror :/

·
Registered
213 Posts
Apparently that is not the case. Just ordered a new f56 couple weeks ago. At least in the states, the head up display does not show the speed limit unless you have the active driving assistance add on that adds a little camera on the back of the rear view mirror :/
Yes I meant that if you have heads up display it will show the signs, without it then it wont (+ drivers pack)

·
Super Moderator
1,206 Posts
You mean you didn't specify this ? Oh I forgot, mine came with just about every option :laugh: (they don't have an emoticon for "smug"...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol I did found out before I ordered the car . Just reporting what I found.
Didn't ended up getting the driving package anyway haha. (I just graduated college without any debt... In exchange I don't mind that my car don't have every bells and whistles in it that I don't really need LOL)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I didn't bother either, never had it so guessed I wouldn't miss it and saved myself £1500 or something like that ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Minis in Australia cannot read road sign !!! :(
Mine has adaptive cruise control (Camera based) and driving assist package. However, it still cannot read any road sign

1 - 17 of 17 Posts