Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Nav System XL. The Owner's Handbook p.79/80 .

"With navigation system, the system considers the information stored in the information data and also displays the speed limits present...."

This does not work in my car.

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
No I have no speed limits on mine with the xl pack. I was under the impression that you only get speedimits with the driver assistant pack. This provides a camera under the rear view mirror which captures speed signs among other things. V clever but not as std with the sat nav.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes speed limits are on driver assistant package. You get them by scrolling top button on end of left stalk. The bottom button activates auto headlight dipping. I think cars without Driver assistant just have one button on the end of the stalk.
I don't rate factory sat nav so have stuck with a tomtom live fixed with an adhesive pad to the dashboard near the A pillar.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes speed limits are on driver assistant package. You get them by scrolling top button on end of left stalk. The bottom button activates auto headlight dipping. I think cars without Driver assistant just have one button on the end of the stalk.
I don't rate factory sat nav so have stuck with a tomtom live fixed with an adhesive pad to the dashboard near the A pillar.

I have speed limiter and cruise control, but i dont have the camera you are referring to.

Not sure if options are different in Aus, but I do have the drivers assistance package. Incl Active Cruise but not Adaptive cruise control

·
Super Moderator
8,012 Posts
I think you'd need adaptive cruise. Very odd. As you say driver assistant pack must be different in different countries.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Lots of names for the same thing I think...

Mini calls it Camera Based Cruise Control, ACC in the manual and ACC stands for Active Cruise Control in the index. It uses a camera and is part of the driving assistant pack.

The driving assistant pack also includes display of road speed limits based on signs recognised by the camera (and/or info from the sat nav, if fitted). This part seems to be country specific, I suppose because the signs are different.

The speed limit display is distinct from the speed limiter, which is a function of the ordinary cruise control (but that might be country specific as well as it doesn't seem to be described in the US online manual).

It's not surprising that there is some confusion!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I just got my new MINI F57 convertible. I have driving assist package, I also have camera based cruise control. But I cannot see the road speed limit.

I live in Melbourne Australia.

Do you guys know how to put the road limit on the display?

Cheers,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.