Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Cooper S a couple of weeks ago and the digital speedo is showing Km/hr although the HUD is in Mph. Been told that the dealership is waiting for a program to alter the settings. Can anyone out there shed some light on this ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told the same thing but so far have no indication when this may be - have you ??

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mine displays mph on both fine and has done since delivery a month ago. Presumably you've tried switching the settings to km/h and back to mph and to no avail?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea - I thought that it would be a simple change of in car settings but it appears dealerships are waiting for a specific program to enable this change to be made - unfortunately no date yet given from my dealership !!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
On my car, both are in km/h as it should be. Strange that you got different units for the two displays.

I would try something. Turn off the HUD, change the unit and then turn the HUD on again. Would that sync them again?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't think that would work - I live in the UK so I'm wanting mph. Everything on the car ( HUD, trip meter, mileometer etc) are all in MPH. It's just that the digital display on the speedo is in Km/h !! I've been assured that it's not a fix I can undertake,but I'm getting no word as to when the program may be available. Thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Mine is all in MPH as it should be. Odd how some are not calibrated correctly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said previously - mine was a launch car so may have been one of the early ones and rushed out in readiness for the launch. I had to take it back to the dealership this week for a software update (no sure what that entailed) and hopefully not a regular occurrence !!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I keep seeing on your posts that you are ' patiently waiting for yours' - do you have a definite delivery date yet ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
MPH on digital speedo - the fix is available

Picked up my Cooper S a couple of weeks ago and the digital speedo is showing Km/hr although the HUD is in Mph. Been told that the dealership is waiting for a program to alter the settings. Can anyone out there shed some light on this ?

Do you have the MPH FIX yet? Just to let you know that MINI Park Lane had their demo cars updated quite a while back... seems some tech genius decided UK drivers would only use the digital display when in Europe so it didn't need to show MPH !!!

Your dealer needs to get busy as the software update is definitely available (as confirmed to me by Park Lane).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know you Brits have a long history with the French, but surely about time you adopted the metric system? Come on over and you'll have one less thing in common with the USA >:D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you have the MPH FIX yet? Just to let you know that MINI Park Lane had their demo cars updated quite a while back... seems some tech genius decided UK drivers would only use the digital display when in Europe so it didn't need to show MPH !!!

Your dealer needs to get busy as the software update is definitely available (as confirmed to me by Park Lane).
Thanks for the info - I've heard nothing yet from my Dealership, on this issue, although the car did go back for a software update a couple of weeks ago. My car is due back to the garage next week as I've found a problem with the seat mech (there is some play on the runners when the seat is supposedly 'locked into position'). I'm also waiting for the last stage of my registration transfer to be completed - so it's looking like I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time down there and will def pass on your information - cheers .

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know you Brits have a long history with the French, but surely about time you adopted the metric system? Come on over and you'll have one less thing in common with the USA >:D
Not a bad idea - it gives you quite a buz when you look down at your speedo and realise you're doing 128 !!!

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Our Golf was the same the digital speed readout only showed KM/h. Was told that it was for use on the continent as the speedo dial did not show it...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our Golf was the same the digital speed readout only showed KM/h. Was told that it was for use on the continent as the speedo dial did not show it...
Yea - but the problem with the Mini situation is that the numbers on the digital display are Sooo big. In know that you can switch screen information but by being so big they are quite cool so am looking forward to the fix

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Yea - but the problem with the Mini situation is that the numbers on the digital display are Sooo big. In know that you can switch screen information but by being so big they are quite cool so am looking forward to the fix
I sometimes set the big digital speedo on my bike to read KM/H...makes me think I am Marc Marquez for a while:D:eek:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Advised my dealer, following your thread, that the software to change km/h to mph was now available at certain dealerships and miraculously they just happened to find it. All done and dusted so thanks for the heads up

1 - 19 of 19 Posts