Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , I wanted to share a "singularity" that I noticed on my cooper S with vdc and driving mode: in sport mode the steering wheel becomes much harder to operate and this is normal and very cool but at a speed of more than 120/130 km/ h , the steering wheel becomes inexplicably lighter and so the wheel feedback is very very bad :(

Did you notice that?

Or is there a fault in my car?

thanks a lot!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but the bad thing is that the steering wheel becomes lighter at high speed :D and this isn't good for a sporty car. Moreover the feedback doesn't trasmit security.

However, I observe this particular behavior of my car...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes it's supposed to be lighter at lower speeds for manoeuvring. If you've ever tried to turn the wheel of a stationary non-power assisted car you'll be appreciative...

And you are correct that, at high speeds, it's supposed to increase the stiffness of the steering. This is to reduce the possibility of overcompensation or acute change of direction, only small inputs are needed at high speed (according to health & safety...) for example; changing lanes on the motorway.

Although... if they going for a go-kart feel, go kart steering does go exceptionally light at high speeds... it's pretty crazy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This could be good on track but not on public road :laughing:

Although... if they going for a go-kart feel, go kart steering does go exceptionally light at high speeds... it's pretty crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.