Mini Cooper Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think its a good idea for cooper SD I will let you know when I get mine.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Bloody ****, I thought we were very expensive paying what was then $1.50 Aus per litre. Currently the fuel is pretty good at $0.95 per lt Aus. even though as per price of oil, it should be way lower than even this.
As for the Green mode, I actually use mine alot more on the return trip home from work as the traffic is basically start / stop jams, no need to be in sport mode when your travelling at 5 km/h.
I agree with you, green is ok for rush hour!
In sport mode I'd prefer a gas response a bit smoother, a steering a bit faster (not harder), nothing else!
No, I forget...I want extrapower after 4000 rpm, 50 horses almost suddendly...in two strokes mode for who can understand me!
The bad side of the B48 engine is that seems to close a diesel...too much torque at low rpm and after the 4000....nothing better! When you think "now is going to run"...the game is over.
Now my F54 is only at third month, when the warranty is over I'm rather sure I will change its map!0:)

·
Registered
375 Posts
In sport mode I'd prefer a gas response a bit smoother, a steering a bit faster (not harder), nothing else!
No, I forget...I want extrapower after 4000 rpm, 50 horses almost suddendly...in two strokes mode for who can understand me!
The bad side of the B48 engine is that seems to close a diesel...too much torque at low rpm and after the 4000....nothing better! When you think "now is going to run"...the game is over.
Now my F54 is only at third month, when the warranty is over I'm rather sure I will change its map!0:)
Welcome to the world of turbo charged engines. Luckily the sound with the JCW exhaust is awesome around and above 4000 rpm >:D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you are worried about warranty get the NM module and one of the performance exhaust systems. The module is a plug and play and can be installed and removed in less than 30 minutes and leaves no trace of it having ever been installed. This will give you about a 30 horsepower boost. Then add either a cat back performance exhaust from one of the after market vendors or add the JCW PRO exhaust. This will give you an additional 8-10 horsepower and great sound and will increase and flatten the torque curve. The factory exhaust does not have any drone when the valve is closed, I don't know about the aftermarket ones.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
the MF article includes the quote:

"The system works in every mode but is slightly more noticeable in Sport. And it’s probably worth noting that the system can be defeated by pulling a simple fuse."

Does anyone know which fuse this is? I'd love to try my MCS with no extra noise.
Your not missing much. Don't bother. I coded it off and it just sounded wheezy so back on it went.

·
Registered
121 Posts
it pops & burbles a lot!
Can anyone say whether you need the driving modes, so you can select sport, for it to pop and burble or if you get the Cooper S without the driving modes will it still pop and burble?

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
In mid or green mode there are really no pops and burbles, there is a little sound in mid, but really good sounds in sport! There is a vast difference in performance driving modes in the JCW, but I cannot speak to the S series. Some of my buddies that have tuned the S and/or added a performance module may be able to provide you with better information about it. I think their performance increase is about the same as the JCW dependent upon the tune and other factors. I realized a significant increase in horsepower and torque with the NM module and the JCW PRO exhaust. Currently with it in sport and the exhaust valve open 269 HP and 285 FT. LBS. torque. And, the pops, bang, burbles, are an amazing symphony.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In mid or green mode there are really no pops and burbles, there is a little sound in mid, but really good sounds in sport! There is a vast difference in performance driving modes in the JCW, but I cannot speak to the S series. Some of my buddies that have tuned the S and/or added a performance module may be able to provide you with better information about it. I think their performance increase is about the same as the JCW dependent upon the tune and other factors. I realized a significant increase in horsepower and torque with the NM module and the JCW PRO exhaust. Currently with it in sport and the exhaust valve open 269 HP and 285 FT. LBS. torque. And, the pops, bang, burbles, are an amazing symphony.
Hey, which one is the NM module? :)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts