Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Got my Cooper S for almost 5 months now and still loving it. As per title say, which one should I go first? I am wondering if I'd really notice the difference if I go for the exhaust upgrade? How would it effect my insurance? Any feedback and opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The S looks pretty darn agressive to begin with.
I'd go with power

The insurance question can not be answered by us. There are many factors that affect your insurance rates, to include:
Credit score
Geo location
Your age
Your insurance company
Your risk rating (tickets and such)

You need to contact your insurance broker or company and explain to them what you will be doing. Inform them that it is a manufacturers approved, and installed, upgrade; the increased power levels, and the cost. From there they will recalculate your policy coverage and cost. If you fail to do this and you wreck your car, the insurance company can deny your claim due to power levels being increased dramatically, and therefore probably a cause of your accident and subsequently not cover you.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Credit score and risk factor are not going to affect your UK car insurance in any way, shape or form. Your driving conviction history, claims history and postcode will. Along with the usual, age, estimated mileage and occupation. Just call your insurance company and ask 'what if'. It's not hard to pick up the phone to get an accurate answer!!

Both are modifications, and therefore both should be declared. Get quotes for each - it may help make your decision on which one is cheapest and therefore takes a priority!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.