Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

As mentioned earlier, now I have spot lights as well as LED DRLs. Face of my Cooper has completely changed, yes it did cost me a bit however I think its well worth it. Please see the pictures and a small video I compiled in different lighting conditions. Please feel free to give your opinion (positive or positive)>:D

Saurabh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJPVqapzq5I

LED DRLs
DSC01360-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

Low Beam and LED Head Light Mode
DSC01366-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

Low Beam/ LED Head Light mode and LED Fog lights
DSC01368-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

LED DRLs
DSC01375-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

DSC01378-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

DSC01381-2 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

High Beam/LED Head Light Mode/Fog Lights and Spot Lights
MINI4 by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

MINI Collage by Studio Reesau, on Flickr

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's strange - I currently have a Mini Coupe which has the LED ring daylight driving lights... now I have ordered the F56 Cooper and asked the question about the LED driving lights will be the same. They said no. But the dealer has to select the one you want as a no cost option. I have requested the round LED driving lights instead of the others.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's strange - I currently have a Mini Coupe which has the LED ring daylight driving lights... now I have ordered the F56 Cooper and asked the question about the LED driving lights will be the same. They said no. But the dealer has to select the one you want as a no cost option. I have requested the round LED driving lights instead of the others.
With F56 you only get (from the factory) the horse shoe type LED day time running lights which are £610 including led fogs. The ones I have are the dealer fitted accessory.

So which one did you go for?

·
Registered
375 Posts
My MCS is fitted with full led all around. I like the fact that when driving in the dark with the headlights switched on everything that's wite somewhat lights up a bit blue/purple like white does when in a blacklight.

The led headlights light up everything in front of you much brighter than the xenon headlights in my previous car but in the mean time it's more relaxed for the eyes.

English is not my native language so it's a bit difficult to explain exactly what I mean but do I make sense??

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My MCS is fitted with full led all around. I like the fact that when driving in the dark with the headlights switched on everything that's wite somewhat lights up a bit blue/purple like white does when in a blacklight.

The led headlights light up everything in front of you much brighter than the xenon headlights in my previous car but in the mean time it's more relaxed for the eyes.

English is not my native language so it's a bit difficult to explain exactly what I mean but do I make sense??
You are absolutely correct. I too wanted full LEDs however I bought a stock car and had to compromise on few optional extras. I like the look of my car now so every is good in the end..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've always toyed with the idea of spotlights but they're not LED :( so my OCD wouldn't cope with the different colour spots to my LED driving lights/headlights. Then chosing different upgraded bulbs for them is a whole different minefield!

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've always toyed with the idea of spotlights but they're not LED :( so my OCD wouldn't cope with the different colour spots to my LED driving lights/headlights. Then chosing different upgraded bulbs for them is a whole different minefield!
Simples........fit the LED driving lamps then. They don't cost that much :crying:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

@Davo56 is correct on having the LED spots however, then your OCD would kick in when the spot lights aren't aligned to the bonnet stripes.. >:D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Do you get MINI LED spotlights?? I thought they were halogen? #confused

what upsets me more would be hiding my S on the grill :(

Reactions: Saurabhdutt
1 - 20 of 22 Posts