Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been spotify premium user for years, and still I am. After playing 1 week with all the options of infotainment in my mini, I have to say that Apple Music (or just Music if you are not a subscriber but have songs downloaded from your iTunes desktop) works much better. What I have seen so far:

- Spotify is integrated in the Mini Connected menu. However using Spotify through it, won't allow you to use any other app in Connected (journey mate, streetwise, calendar, etc, etc)

- Spotify through connected sounds worse than through USB/Bluetooth

- Spotify through connected does not show album/song art when it is in the right half of the display (it does when on the left or full screen)

- Spotify through USB/BT shows always art pictures, however you will not be able to navigate through Spotify menu, just next track/previous track

- Apple Music improves all the above: you always have artwork though USB/BT; you can navigate through the menu; you resume your previous listening right when you enter the car; you can use other apps in Connected (because you don't use it)

At the moment what I am doing is to use Spotify-Connected when I want to navigate through the menu to choose albums/songs/playlist, then switch to Spotify-USB to get better sound and free up Connected availability for other apps

But it is annoying! The only reason why I do not change my subscription from Spotify to Apple Music is because at home I prefer Spotify, who is able to stream to my Chromecast, while Apple is not. As soon as Apple gives support to Chromecast (unlikely though) I will switch to Apple Music

Cheers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another point for Apple Music:

- In Spotify there is no way to show the list of tracks of the current album/playlist, not even through Connected. In Apple Music you have this, even through Bluetooth

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deezer is also through Connected, so I guess it will have the same flaws as Spotify: worse sound, no artwork on the right, no other apps available at the same time

·
Registered
1 Posts
i prefer Apple Music as compare to Spotify. It is easy to use and very fast. I recommend Apple music.
Try out MusConv (musconv.com/) to convert your music and playlists into different music platforms. It's easy-to-use and I'd highly recommend it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why compare and choose? Why not get both two. Besides, DRmare Spotify to Apple Music Converter allows you to convert Spotify playlist to Apple Music for free. And then you can just subscribe to Apple Music but enjoy two streaming music services on the same platform. Sounds great? It's my way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I prefer Spotify to Apple Music. The reason is the same as yours. It can stream to Chromecast. But it is also possible to sync Spotify music to Apple Music via AudFree Spotify music converter for listening without Apple subscription. It seems a little-known trick.

·
Banned
7 Posts
I prefer to listen to Spotify music. Compared with Apple Music, Spotify offers its service to all people no matter you want to join in the subscription. Besides, it has vast music resources around the world. And with TunesKit, I can rip music from Spotify and then listen to Spotify offline for free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might as well save the Spotify music for Apple Music with the help of the Audio Capture Software from AudFree. It is powerful enough to get the songs from Spotify and download them for your listening on any players. The data of the songs can be preserved at the same time.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i personally like spotify much more than Apple Music, but as we don't have mini connect or Carplay here in HKG..... if I use sporify, i can't change song unless next/back ... :( so i stuck in to Apple Music now

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a big fan of Spotify, I often listen to music on Spotify. Once I was a premium user on Spotify for downloading Spotify music, but I found those downloaded files cannot be played out of Spotify. Then I google how to control music downloaded from Spotify and how to play them out of Spotify. Later, I installed a Spotify music converter on my pc. Now, I could convert Spotify to mp3 through that Spotify music downloader and play them on any device and player anytime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used both of them. I have some playlists on these two music streaming platforms. But I mostly prefer Apple Music. I am a Apple user. Apple Music is much easier for me to use. Sometimes, if I want to listen to Apple Music on Spotify, I will find a converter that removes drm from Apple Music and convert the songs to mp3 format. After that, I transfer the songs to Spotify. So I can listen to my favorite songs on Spotify.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I prefer Spotify than Apple Music mostly. It is easy to use. Besides, it can also import my own songs to Spotify. Sometimes, if I want to listen to Spotify music on other devices, I will use a converter to get the songs and convert them to mp3 format. After saving the songs on MP3 player, I can listen to them anytime or play them in my car by USB cable. I just found a Spotify Converter from DumpMedia.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I use CarPlay with Spotify it works very well. I don’t think these is any difference in audio quality between them. Deezer has higher quality music but found not good for music discover. I like Spotify because can go free which isn’t possible with AppleMusic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts