Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be a good idea to get a spotted thread going for any of us that have seen another JCW around that could in fact be one of us, I know in my area there aren't loads but there are a couple;

Chilli Red - Black roof & mirrors
White - Red roof & mirrors
Grey - Red roof & mirrors

I also spotted a Volcanic Orange JCW up in Newcastle last week

So shall we get a thread going of people that have spotted other JCW's in their area, or somewhere they're visitng, may end up being someone on here!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Off JCW hunting tonight then (any excuse for a blast.....!), there cant be that many about, I've only seen two or three others in the 3 months / 3,000 miles since I've had mine......

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off JCW hunting tonight then (any excuse for a blast.....!), there cant be that many about, I've only seen two or three others in the 3 months / 3,000 miles since I've had mine......
Yeah I haven't seen very many myself, although all the ones I mentioned I've seen in Plymouth were within a two week window which I found quite strange, as I'd been driving mine for around a month and hadn't seen a single JCW!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Spotted - Worcester, UK

07:50hrs this morning in my home city (Deansway by the Cathedral) - '16 Plate Chilii Red, Black Roof JCW Hatch :) Had the big wheels..... Think I've seen it a couple of times before at a distance so couldn't confirm if it was a real one or not!

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
615 Posts
A bit late but I saw a Pepper White/Ref roof JCW in Tesco Car park Coulby Newham last week.

Also spotted winceyette from this forum fly past me at a rate of knots (driving a JCW as it should be intended lol) a couple of weeks ago... :D

I've seen a few in the Middlesbrough area in the last month or so... (getting 10 a penny ;) )

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must say I'm starting to see more and more of them around since I picked mine up, not seen one up close for a while though

My local dealership have got a Lapis Blue Luxury JCW with the pro rear diffuser and pro exhaust fitted...might have to book a test drive to see what the exhaust is like

·
Registered
320 Posts
Must be getting common, spotted another this morning! M5 J7 -> J8 Southbound 8am, '16 Plate Silvery White / Black Roof, drew alongside, thumbs up, a smile and a wave and gone.... never had that in a car before. Normally, jealousy, rage and hatred. Mini drivers seem to be a friendly bunch :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Must be getting common, spotted another this morning! M5 J7 -> J8 Southbound 8am, '16 Plate Silvery White / Black Roof, drew alongside, thumbs up, a smile and a wave and gone.... never had that in a car before. Normally, jealousy, rage and hatred. Mini drivers seem to be a friendly bunch :)
White Silver ;)

They are becoming more common, there's two JCW's that I see on a daily basis on the way to work... There's only been once where we've all sat behind each other. Saying that I've also seen a fair few Cooper S' with the JCW Chilli and unless you clock the exhaust/badge or front with the fogs then you'd be needless to say it was a JCW.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Must be the dull backwater I live in then!!! Genuinely seen 5 - 6 in the five months I've had mine and I travel around a fair bit on the motorways.

Know what you mean about the 'fake' JCW/MCS's though Brandon, there is a white one near us complete with a false red wrap roof which grates quite frankly, but I've sussed the charlatan out with his 'S' on the front where the JCW badge should be......

Reactions: brandonbardsley

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Must be the dull backwater I live in then!!! Genuinely seen 5 - 6 in the five months I've had mine and I travel around a fair bit on the motorways.

Know what you mean about the 'fake' JCW/MCS's though Brandon, there is a white one near us complete with a false red wrap roof which grates quite frankly, but I've sussed the charlatan out with his 'S' on the front where the JCW badge should be......
If they're gonna fake it then do it right, get the correct grille and bumper!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
But it's unforgivable to badge your car a JCW when it's not! #mbadgewankers
Hahaha!! Touché, love the hashtag.

Well yeah... That's like me swapping my bumpers with my mums, y'all gonna know when I put my foot down and tractor sally rages down the road.

·
Registered
303 Posts

This used to be my mates mrs's car but they traded up in March to a black with red roof proper JCW. Rybrook did the roof for them ready for collection, I told them it's bloody criminal but what Jayne wants, Jayne gets ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
No fakery there!

Buz... yep, absolutely criminal!!!! Waiting to spot you on the A4103 at somepoint!

Reactions: buz

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

Move South and blend in ;) Seriously I've no idea why there are so many round the South, certainly wasn't the case with Gen2's!

My Cooper has the Sports Pack on it but I have the Cooper badge on the rear and no visible JCW badges in sight ;)

Oops forgot the wheel centre caps which I might change to just MINI whenever I take the wheels off :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Spotted "**11 JCW" on the way to Blackpool last night... I couldn't tell you what the colour was cause I was doing 56mph and that well... wasn't.

Not a helpful post at all cause I can't even remember the reg... LOL.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
That made me giggle :laugh: driven like it should be then?!?
Haha, the JCW? Yeah.. - Mine was in "Green" and set to cruise at 56mph, I did get 72mpg over 120 mile round trip so I can't complain.

Being in Green reminded me of why I chose to stay in Sport for the past 5 months, I HATE how it shifts to 5th at 30mph.. Literally bogs the car down so much.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.