Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since spring is around the corner are you thinking of buying a Mini Convertible? I find that them Mini Convertibles can get really pricey fast even if you have your Accountant (Wife/Partner) check the boxes. :D:D Also for the same amount of $$ you pay new some really cool options come up as used. I am thinking of a new/used Mini R56 Mazda RF low mileage Merc Slk etc etc So are you thinking about it?

http://www.minioftempe.com/VehicleS...rtible&search=new&pageNumber=1&visitedVD=true

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd be worried being a man that the mini soft top is more of a woman's car

It's not my opinion I'd own one but all my male friends would probably laugh at me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL true that even the JCW has a bit of that femme feel too it.:D:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd be worried being a man that the mini soft top is more of a woman's car

It's not my opinion I'd own one but all my male friends would probably laugh at me

You probably need new friends, or to worry less about what they think.
If you got a vert, come a sunny day they'd probably be queuing up for a ride anyway :) (Though not in the back probably - those seats are really bad ... )

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well living in Scotland the opportunity to get the roof down would be minimal, maybe four weeks of the year if that

·
Registered
28 Posts
I fancy the cooper s 7th edition, comes with lots of extras as standard but annoyingly only comes in 3 or 4 colours. I did want the mazda mx5 but I'm 6ft3 and didn't fit, head was touching the roof when up

Convertible to lease is £900 more over three years so that's £900 worth of extras on the hard top I could get

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Well living in Scotland the opportunity to get the roof down would be minimal, maybe four weeks of the year if that

Pa heated seats heater on full our roadster s has its roof off as soon as theres any sign of sun and its great on freezing clear winter days . only rain or snow really stops play.

As above the saddos who say it is a girly car are just jealous. Some say that of minis generally in the uk but we know what they are like!! That sort of small minded sad mentally is what stunts creativity and fun ,is sexism etc etc

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pa heated seats heater on full our roadster s has its roof off as soon as theres any sign of sun and its great on freezing clear winter days . only rain or snow really stops play.
Yes indeed. With my previous car I have been out with the top down between Christmas and New Year. Between about April and October the roof was hardly ever up as it lived in a garage. I expect the MINI will be the same.

As above the saddos who say it is a girly car are just jealous. Some say that of minis generally in the uk but we know what they are like!! That sort of small minded sad mentally is what stunts creativity and fun ,is sexism etc etc
Very true. A car for hairdressers and estate agents ... apparently :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wanted the mx5 but didn't fit, my mates even slagged me off for that. An mx5 is a rwd blokes car so there talking
nonsense

I was literally touching cloth with the roof up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered one! Long wait for me...even if it's ready early I'm not moving to the area until June 1.

The car is a second one for my wife but I won't be embarrassed at all to drive it! I'm too old for that sh*t!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Convertibles are really cool, but in hot climates they have limited use. The first option I added to my 1999 Miata was a hardtop because it was too hot in the summer. I put the hardtop away in the winter when the weather was cool, but it was buttoned up by the end of May.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've owned various MX5s for several years and whilst they are brilliant, I've always preferred driving Cooper Ss. They are much more immediate when accelerating, brake better, roll less and make a nicer noise IMO.

I also find it frustrating Mazda's 'new' engine is exactly the same pretty much power wise as the last one which in turn is the same as the one before. It's part of their philosophy I know but I always think it's lazy engineering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts