Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've got a 2019 sport and only in the last few days I've noticed a 'sqeaking' sound down the right hand side of the drivers seat, almost like a plastic sqeaking sound. Sounds like its coming from inside the car but can't be sure. The temperature has been around zero every morning this week and I wonder if that could be the cause?

Thank you.
Matt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Cold weather plays havoc with plastics. If it goes away after a longish drive then you know it's to do with the weather / temp. All sorts of cracks / creaks from mine as it warms up. MINIs with their SWB and firm suspension are always going to be prone to certain types of noises.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cold weather plays havoc with plastics. If it goes away after a longish drive then you know it's to do with the weather / temp. All sorts of cracks / creaks from mine as it warms up. MINIs with their SWB and firm suspension are always going to be prone to certain types of noises.
Thank you, yeah it seemed fine on the way home from work tonight so must be weather related, thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ice causes all sorts of weird noises as it breaks off. Also the window seals are notorious for squeaks. Both my JCW and the o/h’s Cooper S have regular treatments.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had a squeak before Christmas from the right hand side of the drivers seat. Turned out to be the leather rubbing on the plastic where the bolster meets the base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts