Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Anybody have experience tuning their 1.5T Cooper? I’m talking about the Stage 1 Tune, so 136HP to 165hp & 220nm to 285nm.

I have a cold air intake from K&N on there, but nothing else. I’m worried about the turbo/gearbox when I make this change.

anybody who tried it and can give me some feedback/reassurances?

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
45 Posts
I have a remap/tune from Bytetronik in the USA. It replaced a Race Chip piggyback system. The car has great, consistent power throughout the rev range and excellent throttle response, especially when accelerating from 3rd or 4th gear. With Sport mode engaged, a fun little rocket. I haven't had it dyno'd, so I have no idea what the overall power increase is. There doesn't appear to be any increased strain on the engine components or transmission (I have the six-speed automatic).

For my 2016 Convertible, they asked me to remove the ECU and send it to them for bench remapping (I think MINI has hindered the ability to remap via dongle). This updated the engine management software as well. Once the ECU was reinstalled, they provided an OBD connector to license the software and perform some checks. The entire process from order to final install took about seven business days.

I had never attempted a part removal like that of the ECU. The ByteTronik instructions, coupled with some YouTube videos, made it relatively stress free. It takes about one hour with common tools.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have a JB+ tuning module on my F56 1.5t and love it. I was going to do a full ecu tune but decided against as the module is very easy to install/remove, massive power difference from stock and gearbox feels smoother.

Other mods I have:
  • Muffler delete
  • Sports air intake filter
  • Lightweight sparco wheels
  • Firehawk indy 500 tires
  • JCW grill
  • Full self done chrome delete
Pop her into sports mode and she's a little rocket and sounds fantastic as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts