Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can play music from iPhone with standard Bluetooth or do you need enhanced BT? I have ordered the Visual Boost radio. If you can are you also able to control tracks/volume etc through the steering wheel controls? Do you get the alumn artwork on the VB screen? Finally does Siri work with a Standard BT by holding voice button on steering wheel? This is a UK spec car.

I have read lots of posts and it seems conflicting views so would be interested to know what you get with Standard BT in the UK? I would rather not have the enhanced as found the armrest uncomfortable. I do have long arms or according to my wife freakishly long arms ;-)

Many thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
Does anyone know if you can play music from iPhone with standard Bluetooth
Yes

If you can are you also able to control tracks/volume etc through the steering wheel controls?
Yes

Do you get the alumn artwork on the VB screen?
Yes/App dependent

Finally does Siri work with a Standard BT by holding voice button on steering wheel?

Not sure, last I saw there was confusing thread on this!

It appears Siri should work the way you describe as long as you have visual boost Or Media XL.

Standard radio with the text display appears not to come with Siri compatibility as standard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if you can play music from iPhone with standard Bluetooth or do you need enhanced BT? I have ordered the Visual Boost radio. If you can are you also able to control tracks/volume etc through the steering wheel controls? Do you get the alumn artwork on the VB screen? Finally does Siri work with a Standard BT by holding voice button on steering wheel? This is a UK spec car.

I have read lots of posts and it seems conflicting views so would be interested to know what you get with Standard BT in the UK? I would rather not have the enhanced as found the armrest uncomfortable. I do have long arms or according to my wife freakishly long arms ;-)

Many thanks

You have tot take visual boost for streaming music. This isn't standard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts