Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah cheers, not a lot then, kind of explains a 2.0L turbo producing less than 200hp, my 1992 MR2 turbo produced more than that standard and a lot more with 1bar. Can the boost be controlled with a EBC on the mini or is the ECU not going to allow you to do that?

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
My car made 206bhp on a dyno which is what I've seen others at. Not too bad. So far I haven't heard of anyone using an ebb to increase boost. The ECU in the Mini/BMW are a bit of a bear to crack. Burger has a piggyback system out that brings 30bhp ang 40ft lbs of torque. I'm sure we'll see many more enter the arena.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Superchips here in the UK have one in the pipeline..
I have been talking with them over this. As said previously the F56 ECU is apparently hard to recode, due to corrective ECU management..
But I have been assured, a remap or piggyback system will be out. As soon as it is, I will post on here, as I am on the development list at Superchips..
Regards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Superchips here in the UK have one in the pipeline..
I have been talking with them over this. As said previously the F56 ECU is apparently hard to recode, due to corrective ECU management..
But I have been assured, a remap or piggyback system will be out. As soon as it is, I will post on here, as I am on the development list at Superchips..
Regards

Diesel Tuning UK also have a box for the PETROL F56 mini cooper

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-mini_cooper-(2014-)_f56-hatch-2.0-192-ps

Used Them a year ago to BOOST my Mini Cooper SD, great sevice.

Andy

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Like that! Somehow seems much better than over blowing it. I like modesty. ! My wife's nickname at work is Bing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Burger Stage 1 Beta tune on my 2015 S and its giving me internittent issues. Works perfectlly on the 2014's but changes to the ECU in the 15's causes it to randomely go intto limp. Its a beast when it goes though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Burger Stage 1 Beta tune on my 2015 S and its giving me internittent issues. Works perfectlly on the 2014's but changes to the ECU in the 15's causes it to randomely go intto limp. Its a beast when it goes though.
hey i like how your mcs looks, can you post bigger pics? :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts