Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

So, still waiting for my JCW delivery...5 or 6 weeks... I think I´ve viewed every video on youtube about this car, and read lots of posts on this forum.

But I still have a question regarding the standard exhaust that comes on the JCW F56.

Does it have any kind of opening valve depending if you are driving in eco, mid or sport mode?

I ordered it with the electronic adjustable suspension. There are only 2 modes, right? soft and hard.

But you can only configure it through the multimedia system when you configure the drive modes, right? I mean, the is no direct button to change it, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Hope it arrives soon mine took about 7 or 8 weeks, so you shouldn't be far off.
As for the exhaust no the standard doesn't have an opening valve that only comes with the JCW Pro Tuning exhaust. I've got this and it's great but it is £1300 -£1500 depending on exhaust tips. The standard does change with different modes so in sport mode it does pop and bang and is louder but just not in the same league as the Pro one.
I've got the adaptive suspension and it's got three modes to match the green, mid and sport. There definitely is a difference in each mode. Green is good for speed bumps as much softer. Yes you can only change it from the menus, so you can map say sport mode to have the more direct steering, better throttle response but soft suspension.
Hooe this helps
Enjoy when it turns up
Paul

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm in the same place, just ordered my JCW and 12 hours later asked the dealer to order up the Pro Exhaust (with Carbon) after watching the same Youtube clips.... again and again.

I actually test drove both - with the pro and without, and thought £1500 is a lot of money, but then thought if money was the issue, I'd buy a Mini One Diesel.

The standard one is good, very good, a few pops and bangs, far louder than most new cars out there but....

I can honestly say the pro-exhaust is laugh-out-loud brilliant fun, full on gear changes are accompanied by a very loud rifle crack sound from the rear, it burbles along at 5mph terrifying cats, dogs and old ladies..... my kids are in hysterics, my wife is terrified. Just brilliant, made the car, suited its character.

And of course you can switch it off when trundling around town.... or heading home at 3am. Do it!!!!

Reactions: Gary1367
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.