Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Cooper S and shortly after collecting the car I fitted a standard exhaust from the JCW, as I preferred the tail pipe design as well as hoping it would sound better than the standard S exhaust.

It did sound better, although was not enough to keep me satisfied - I could only hear the exhaust with the window down or the back seats folded - not ideal.

Having looked into (cost effective) options, I decided to have the front (centre) box removed from the exhaust, which is sometimes referred to as a resonator. This work was carried out on Saturday and I couldn't be more pleased - it is how the car should have come from the factory! Absolutely no boom or resonance at motorway speeds, a lovely exhaust note at all times, epic start up sound from cold and the exhaust pops in sport more are immense.

I would recommend the work to anyone, it only cost me £80 for the removal and now puts and even bigger grin on my face:D

·
Registered
605 Posts
In the short time I will make this change on my JCW:

In italy: 98 € = 105 U$D

Reactions: dgswick

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep what, one or two parts ??
;)
The exhaust is all one piece, the box had to be cut out and replaced completely. I didn't realise there was a replacement part available, although that would have cost more and the exhaust would have to be cut anyway:)

If anyone wants to have a listen before deciding to cut, I' based in York.

·
Registered
320 Posts
You can pick up the standard JCW ones on ebay for £80 - £100, sold mine on there a while back. So £200ish for a sports exhaust, bargain! You dont get bluetooth, but who cares. If I knew this when I bought my JCW back in early 2016, I'd have done the same and saved myself £1000+ on the pro setup.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds nice and a worthwhile little modification, especially when 2nd hand JCW exhausts can be had so cheap.

Still not as fruity as a JCW PRO exhaust though and they're appearing 2nd hand now as I bagged one off eBay a few weeks ago for £450 :D

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.