Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
On my 2014 MCS the parking/DRL/foglight are all in one assembly below the as part of the bumper cover. By the way, I have replaced the DRL bulb with a higher power LED bulb and they work fine with no canbus errors.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yes. They look good. Not thought about replacing them with LED ones but that might be a good idea as the standard ones might not last long.

Yardstick - do you have a link so I can have a look at what I should be buying? Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 2015 MC is the same and I don't have the foglight option The headlights stay off. The little lights in the bumper act as DRL and they are pretty bright as is. I think that is all they do because the signal light is built into the bottom of the headlight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yardstick - I too wouldn't mind a link to the bulbs you bought, and maybe some pictures?

Ive just tried fitting some LED bulbs to mine, they worked however they're too big for the holes in the fog light assembly!

·
Registered
245 Posts
The canbus issue surprises me. I understand how a device could create electrical noise that would interfere with communications but generally LED components are noiseless. They are a standard component in a low noise linear power supply and are used inline for noise sensitive circuits like audio effects. The only thing I can think of being a problem would be an LED bulb that has a voltage conversion components. I haven't look too closely at the but I wouldn't think there would be enough room to fit voltage conversion circuitry other than perhaps a resistor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts