Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realized MINI configurator now offers standard seats in the F56S and JCW, but still not offered in the F55S. Guess my 5'1 wife isn't the only one that didn't fit in the sport seats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found the standard seat more comfortable. Maybe I have a larger rear end but the sports seats were too narrow for me or at least felt like that. I have opted for normal seats on my soon to be delivered motor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So why wouldn't someone 5'1" fit in the sports seats? I am 5'4" and am about to order my new F56 and wonder if I should be concerned about the seats. I did sit in a few in the show room the other day and didn't notice they were significantly different than my R56 sport seats, other than being more comfortable. And actually found them even more adjustable to my height.

Annette

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
One thing I can tell you from my own research is that all the sport seats are the same width on the base of the seat between the bolsters @ 16". If you are short you should be able to adjust the seat downward...I wouldn't think it would be a problem in any sport seat for most drivers unless 16" isn't wide enough for you. I have not measured or sat in a std seat so I cannot offer that comparison.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I was thinking downward adjustment for shorter drivers...that would likely apply to taller drivers...anyway, you can go up or down (as you need), and also adjust the thigh support on sport seats to make you comfortable.

Some seats also have lumbar support adjustment, but this definitely varies depending on what you spec.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The issue with my 5'1 wife in the sport seats was both seat front and bolsters. The seat front, even not extended, hit her legs below the knee bend. The bolsters put her arms forward uncomfortably. I highly recommend trying both seats before you buy. Everyone has their own comfort level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts