Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

Does anyone know the difference between Standard and Sport Seating for MINI F series?

I'm asking because the place where I got my MINI doesn't have any configurator. If anyone has pictures to show the diff, it would be even better.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pretty sure some differences include larger side bolsters on the sport, and extendable thigh cushion on the sport, and the sport seat are designed a but differently on the back side. They have a more concave look to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I highly recommend sitting in, and test driving, both types of seats. I had planned on buying a F55S, but the sport seats were a deal breaker, and you can't get standard seats in an S. I'm 5'10 and was ok with the sports seats, but my wife is 5'1 and the sport seats just didn't fit her at all, both seat front and bolsters. I'm very happy with my F55 with standard seats!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a F55s. I love it except the sport seats are a problem, a big problem. The bolsters on the upper part of the seat are great, but the bolsters on the bottom part of the seat are extremely uncomfortable after driving for about 30 minutes. Your legs naturally roll outwards, unfortunately the bolsters are very stiff and cut into your thighs. For a quick drive, you don't notice it, but after about 30 minutes, I find myself shifting around trying to relieve the pressure on my thighs. I would definitely take a long test ride before buying the sport seats. I have registered complaints with the dealership and with Mini through the website.

Otherwise, the car is great.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sport seats will have much more aggressive bolstering on the thighs and torso and have an extendable thigh support as well. The standard seats only come in leatherette or leather/cloth combos - no leather.

It's worth noting that starting with March 2015 production, in the US at least, you can now order the Cooper S and/or the fJCW with the standard seats and opt out of the sport seats. It's feature code 4FB.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Here in the USA, you can definitely add the std seats on the configurator, even on the JCW, as I almost added them by accident! I drove an MCS before ordering my JCW and the leatherette sport seats were fine IMO.

My dilemma was whether or not to order the standard JCW Cloth Sport Seats! I actually liked the look very much and I like the feel of cloth. The white stripes just made me worry about the interior looking too busy, especially on the rear seat.

Problem is, no dealers have had any JCW's in stock to be able to see the cloth first hand. I hope I'm not sorry I went for the leatherette instead of the special JCW cloth sport seats...cause they really do look "comfy"!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sport seats will have much more aggressive bolstering on the thighs and torso and have an extendable thigh support as well. The standard seats only come in leatherette or leather/cloth combos - no leather.

It's worth noting that starting with March 2015 production, in the US at least, you can now order the Cooper S and/or the fJCW with the standard seats and opt out of the sport seats. It's feature code 4FB.
Darn, I just turned down the "S" model because the salesman said I couldn't get standard seats. I'm just too wide for the sport seats.

Bobby D.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Darn, I just turned down the "S" model because the salesman said I couldn't get standard seats. I'm just too wide for the sport seats.

Bobby D.
Im a big guy and i ordered the S with the sport seats. Test drove the S with sport seats, and they were snug, but thats why they are sport seats. My wide bottom will stretch them out over time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm not exactly huge, but I have put on a few pounds since leaving the military. There was someone else that reported the sport seats pinched his outer thighs and I have found the same to be true. Not a terrible pinch, but it does hug you snugly and it does grip you right below the be-hind. That said, I was going 6 hours at a shot in the thing and was happy as a clam and, yes, I figure that particular padding will get a bit more compliant after a few more months of sitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts