Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
For the longest time I thought these engine start switches were foolish why take your hand away from the key when you coould just twist and do the same thing. It's really an extra step. But might I add it is however a cool factor. Especially when you have a passenger sitting next to you. carry on Mini, carry on.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love that mini continues to use toggle switches, the entire industry is transitioning to touch and haptic feedback while MINI is sticking with whats tried and true. Also a form of weight reduction, haptic/touch controls require modules and software to keep them operating smoothly, which they often don't...

·
Registered
277 Posts
That is pretty cool. I love how the switch looks and the illuminated ring around it, sweet feature to have, much unlike any car out their.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I love that mini continues to use toggle switches, the entire industry is transitioning to touch and haptic feedback while MINI is sticking with whats tried and true. Also a form of weight reduction, haptic/touch controls require modules and software to keep them operating smoothly, which they often don't...
The way I see Mini is playing it safe and doing it right. The haptic switches sound good on paper but reading through some vehicles equipped with this new feature are having problems. Some even reported they have to double tap the buttons for it to work, frustrating...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The way I see Mini is playing it safe and doing it right. The haptic switches sound good on paper but reading through some vehicles equipped with this new feature are having problems. Some even reported they have to double tap the buttons for it to work, frustrating...
My mom has a 2013 Cadillac SRX, which was a HUGE upgrade from the 2012 which looked like an airplane of traditional buttons, but hers is a huge touch screen plus a bunch of "touch buttons" underneath that do the same thing that you can already do on the touch screen. They are very hard to get use to and I always have the problem of pressing them 2-3 times to get it to work.

·
Registered
360 Posts
And the toggle is great. Even though I've had mine a month I keep reaching to take out a key at the end of my journey. :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
My spec includes comfort access but it's all about the Top Gun feel of the start switch for me!!! It looks stunning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts