Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and while I learn about my new Cooper, I have alot of questions!

Steering wheel audio controls - can anyone skip tracks or am i missing something? When I am connected via bluetooth, wether it's Deezer or Spotify, I cannot skip songs on the steering wheel. When I press the up or down button, the little screen above the steering shows the small Mini Connected logo and says "not possible". In some other posts, people suggested pressing up and down, followed by the OK button but that doesnt work either.

The only way I can skip tracks is with the buttons on the audio unit directly or the Mini Connected dial.

I am using an iPhone 4s. I have not tried with music files through iTunes directly.

Any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, same problem! When l plug in the ipod via mini y connector l cannt control tracks via the steering wheel. Dropped into my dealership and they werent able to help saying that l should schedule my 1 week old baby in for a service where a technician will have a look....

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
I've an Android phone. Bluetooth connected. Steering wheel controls shift spotify tracks perfectly but I do have the hud.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't have the HUD in my Cooper S and I can skip back and forward songs just by pressing the up/down arrows in the steering wheel with my phone connected through USB or Bluetooth, it even shows the next song title on the instruments display

Now I downloaded a firmware update through http://mini.com/connectivity a week ago so that might be the reason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts