Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I haven't measured the 2 liter turbo but would guess it runs at least 8 - 9 PSI over ambient pressure. Good fuel octane may allow it to go higher as it's always adjusting based on temperature and engine knock. An easy way to read boost is with OBD II readers that link to a smart phone and bring up MAP sensor data.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I believe the Cooper S runs around 8-9 psi and the Cooper goes a little higher at 13-15ish

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I was running a quick test on my MCS with the JCW tuning kit the other day. I was on my way to a friends to re-install my NM module and thought I'd do a quick check without it. Going ~60mph in 6th gear I floored it until I hit ~90mph. My Scangauge II showed a max boost of 11PSI. A day later after driving a few miles with the NM module I tried the same test. Same time of day, ambient temp, and same stretch of road. This time the Scangauge II showed a max boost of 17PSI.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I was running a quick test on my MCS with the JCW tuning kit the other day. I was on my way to a friends to re-install my NM module and thought I'd do a quick check without it. Going ~60mph in 6th gear I floored it until I hit ~90mph. My Scangauge II showed a max boost of 11PSI. A day later after driving a few miles with the NM module I tried the same test. Same time of day, ambient temp, and same stretch of road. This time the Scangauge II showed a max boost of 17PSI.
This sounds about right, I think I hit 18 the last time I was running and checked it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.