Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post on this forum. We just bought our daughter a used 2015 Mini Cooper S from a dealership about 100 miles away.

When we got home we realized the head unit is after market (CPAA-70M) and supports Carplay and Android auto. What we initially thought was a great thing has turned into a nightmare since we can't measure the oil level or see any car system settings.

Can somebody help advise? We don't know what the car originally came with but I could pick up a 2015 standard infotainment without nav for ~$150. My question is, can I pick up any original head unit - post 2015 and it will work? Is there something better for <$500 that I could stick into the car that allows us to see factory settings (oil, tpms etc.) and adds carplay?

Any advice would really be appreciated. I need to be able to check the oil level and the car has no dipstick.

Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just sent you the VIN. I just ordered the NBT kit from SCP. I hope it comes with everything in the pics. The stock light ring is missing on ours. The previous owner replaced it with the cheapest plastic cover available. Hopefully, any stock modules needed for the new install are still sitting in the space behind the existing aftermarket part.

MINI F-Series Android Display Upgrade - Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's from a Mazda dealership. Sold without warranty. But yeah I'm asking them if they will help with anything. Can't believe the previous owner would be ok with no way to check engine oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts