Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi hi everyone, I just received my new Cooper S F56 and it's really a great car! Especially compared to the one I had before. But sadly I have an issue, I didn't take the "mini connected" option ( I know, I should have ) and so kind of miss some features I was hoping for

I really thought it would allow to stream music from the phone in bluetooth but sadly it doesn't. It wants actual mp3 files connected in USB.

So I was wondering, is there a way to buy a third party device to allow to listen to spotify/deezer music streamed in bluetooth ?

Thanks everyone in advance !

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are some options to "stream" via the FM band, but they don't work very well.. There are other options, like a handsfree kit with the bluetooth streaming option but I don't know how compatible they are with the F56. For now, I would stick to the USB with MP3 files.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't have Mini Connected and I bought a USB drive to play my music. I was using an aux cord to stream before, but it was a hassle and in the way so I purchased this one [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00812F7O8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] since it would be small and almost flush. I can control it from the steering wheel controls and it selects the songs at random. It also will show song and artist names on the radio display and the speedo display. I read that the FM bluetooth transmitters can be expensive and not always work.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi hi everyone, I just received my new Cooper S F56 and it's really a great car! Especially compared to the one I had before. But sadly I have an issue, I didn't take the "mini connected" option ( I know, I should have ) and so kind of miss some features I was hoping for

I really thought it would allow to stream music from the phone in bluetooth but sadly it doesn't. It wants actual mp3 files connected in USB.

So I was wondering, is there a way to buy a third party device to allow to listen to spotify/deezer music streamed in bluetooth ?

Thanks everyone in advance !
Auxillary cable from phone to jack?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the visual boost, which I thought was the basic media option now? That has Bluetooth in it which allows music streaming (when it works). Do you have that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any noise your phone produces can be put through I believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts