Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I successfully activated fullscreen CarPlay 馃コ Couldn鈥檛 find anybody who did it here so i had to be the first one.

Someone i found through eBay did it for me remotely. You can find his email and phone number in de description box on YouTube.

Here are the before and after pictures.

Before

After

Here is the video i made to see how it looks and what the process looks like. Enjoy.

Registered
I realize chandlerbing is referencing the map version, not the head unit model, but doesn't the "way" maps imply entrynav2?

I thought you needed an emulator to cheat the FSC on those, but I'm seeing some of the BMW guys seem to have figured out a method to do those units.

Registered
You can also just buy the fsc. What im more curious off is if his unit is on the latest istep and if full screen carplay is just fdl coding now...

Registered
Mini Cooper S F57
Now I'm getting interested. Mine is a 2018 LCI with also "WAY" for the navigation. No clue what hardware that implies. That's still a mystery for me.
But if it can be done using a FSC, where/how can I get it?

Registered
Another LCI that would like 8" full screen. Don't quite understand all the different head units but I have upgraded maps using Way. I also have the idrive control that you can write on, if that makes any difference. Does anyone have a definitive list of the various head units and their capability.

Registered
You guys probably need to update the istep to the latest possible. If the car is still under warranty ask the dealer to update the istep. After that probably its just coding.

If chandlerbing shares his cafd we could check. I think if you already have carplay you dont need to do any more regarding fsc but im not sure tho...

Registered
Mini Cooper S F57
Is there an "istep for dummies" available? Our Mini has the wide display, Carplay and other goodies. But is there a way I can see what istep version and hardware version I have?

Registered
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I really hope it wasn鈥檛 just fdl coding.
i dind鈥檛 check my car before letting him change this. But after i did checkwith binnernav and in expert mode i saw an option under expert mode which says carplay: fullscreen option. But i also asked the dealer to update the car to latest software before delivering my car
I do have entrynav2

Registered
Very interested in getting this done as well! I have a 2019 Mini with CarPlay (Entrynav2).

Do dealers update your software if you ask them to? Like if I go in for another repair and ask them if they can update my iStep while I鈥檓 there will they?

Registered
I have emailed the guy to see if my car can be updated. I will report progress. I have a 2018 LCI with entrynav2.

Registered
I鈥檒l give an update too! I鈥檓 getting my car updated to the latest I-Level today while at the dealership for service. I鈥檓 going to try and see if this is something that can be easily enabled via Bimmercode once all updated, or if I still need to get it coded remotely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts