Mini Cooper Forum banner
121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Hello,
bimmercode can code your color drive modes, first you code the ID6 light and then you go to HMI-MAIN-MENU-VERSION, there you find Modern that you need to code.
After you coded, you go on your screen to system/display and there you see colortheme, there you can select Lounge, sport or automatic , select automatic and youre done

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Will try thanx man!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
It does not work before bdc is up to date. And if 6wb is installed that als must be up to date..

You don’t need to set MAIN-MENU-VERSION

Colorschemes will only work if the required modules are up to date!
My car is updated a couple of weeks ago so i’m curious what change it will make.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It does not work before bdc is up to date. And if 6wb is installed that als must be up to date..

You don’t need to set MAIN-MENU-VERSION

Colorschemes will only work if the required modules are up to date!
I know that you need 2103 update, with esys or at the dealer. Mine was done at the dealer (full i-Step update) then I used bimmercode for fullscreen carplay and the id6 light, coded the way i mentioned and working like a charm. I did not code the 6WB, because its a crab thing, only the center is digital on that screen.
The Hud is fully working also the drive modes

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Hello,
bimmercode can code your color drive modes, first you code the ID6 light and then you go to HMI-MAIN-MENU-VERSION, there you find Modern that you need to code.
After you coded, you go on your screen to system/display and there you see colortheme, there you can select Lounge, sport or automatic , select automatic and youre done

You are great man. I have been able to activate the new menu with bimmercode . Only thing is automatic time and wheather seems to be not working at the moment. Will try after an hour again. Thank you thank you. Hope this helps other people too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You are great man. I have been able to activate the new menu with bimmercode . Only thing is automatic time and wheather seems to be not working at the moment. Will try after an hour again. Thank you thank you. Hope this helps other people too.

you can set this in navigation or in system, not sure about this, select time from nav

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
After a couple hours clock and wheather seems to work normal again. Everything is looking fresh and new. Hope this helps others too.
Step 1: Latest dealer update
Step 2: in head unit go in expert mode if you use bimmercode to hmi module and find HMI_ID_VERSION and change this to id6_light. This gives you this brand new UI
I have a 2019 Mini.

Don’t try id6 it will look all crooked. I tried it as you can see in my screenshot but that looked all broken so use id6_light!

Thanx Guillermo013 for this amazing tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
@chandlerbing
So I have mini 2019 s (North America). Updated software, used BimmerCode to change carplay to full screen but it didn't really work. It just shows black box where the split screen used to be (See photo). Also when I tried to change id5_plus_plus to id6 I got very old looking UI. When I tried id6_light i got no UI at all, just mini loading screen.
Any ideas?? I need full screen carplay :)

Plant Vehicle Audio equipment Motor vehicle Gadget

Gadget Communication Device Portable communications device Technology Electronic device

Gadget Font Auto part Communication Device Multimedia

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi,
@chandlerbing
So I have mini 2019 s (North America). Updated software, used BimmerCode to change carplay to full screen but it didn't really work. It just shows black box where the split screen used to be (See photo). Also when I tried to change id5_plus_plus to id6 I got very old looking UI. When I tried id6_light i got no UI at all, just mini loading screen.

View attachment 77165
View attachment 77166
View attachment 77164
Hello gigalala,
Did you update the I-step to 2103?
It seems like you've only updated your telephone software.

·
Registered
Clubman F54 JCW LCI 306HP & Clubman F54 SD 190HP
556 Posts
Hi,
@chandlerbing

View attachment 77165
View attachment 77166
View attachment 77164
You need to update using esys. It’s not everyones cup of thee so don’t try if you don’t know how to use esys. I can help if you want or others on the forum.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
By the way there is one alignment fault in the new ui and that is the circle with music and some other items like news isn’t aligned properly but on the upper right out of the inner circle strangely. Anyone else same problem?

·
Registered
159 Posts
By the way there is one alignment fault in the new ui and that is the circle with music and some other items like news isn’t aligned properly but on the upper right out of the inner circle strangely. Anyone else same problem?

This picture shows you the original, so you can compair it with yours

·
Registered
159 Posts
@guillermo013 the HUD also has new fonts and colors on newer models. Any chance you know the code to change for that also? :)

If you use Bimmercode, go to Head Unit then expertmode, in the searchbar type' hud'
There you can change some stuff but changing the fonts, I would use esys.
I think Ndal on the forum has done it

·
Registered
2 Posts
@moozin

Dear Moozin, I see you have experiance with MINI car.
I just buy a Mini One that have Apple car play but not the Apple car play full screen.

VIN : WMWXP910602M71648
Software version : TT-002.134.001

Do you think it could be possible to upgrade software to have Apple full screen and don't loose all the original set up and features?

I have not navigation system and i have the following:
6AC
6AE
6AK
6AP
6FP
6NM
7GG
Many thanks
Regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
@moozin

Dear Moozin, I see you have experiance with MINI car.
I just buy a Mini One that have Apple car play but not the Apple car play full screen.

VIN : WMWXP910602M71648
Software version : TT-002.134.001

Do you think it could be possible to upgrade software to have Apple full screen and don't loose all the original set up and features?

I have not navigation system and i have the following:
6AC
6AE
6AK
6AP
6FP
6NM
7GG
Many thanks
Regards
Yup 👍

121 - 140 of 174 Posts