Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends drove my f56 for nye as a designated driver and ended up curbing the passenger side front wheel... pictures attached.

Any way to touch it up or make it less notice without removing and refinishing the wheel?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks easily repairable.

I had mine done at a local place and had a chat with the guy afterwards.
Sometimes they have to break the bead of the tyre off the rim in order to polish out the marks depending on how bad the rim is.

Then they fill and repaint. Mine looked terrible but it was repaired as good as new.

Should be no need to take the wheel off, just find a local place to do it.
Mine only cost £45 (UK)!
So not as bad as you might think.
I guess you could try and do it yourself, but to be honest I don't think its worth the hassle.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Chips away will come to you and I do it, prestige wheels Birmingham are amazing last resort diy, sand it fill and paint but you need the c right match. Send your mates the bill. No one touches my mini.oh except my wife who's worse t h an me!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Chips away will come to you and I do it, prestige wheels Birmingham are amazing last resort diy, sand it fill and paint but you need the c right match. Send your mates the bill. No one touches my mini.oh except my wife who's worse t h an me!
Used chips away when i had a Suzuki swift,accident with a dry stone wall. Was trading car in so needed it doing.Grand job was done,so i give them the thumbs up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts