Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from MotorFile

We’ve bit the bullet and are upgrading our lowly 16″ tires and wheels that accidentally came with our 2015 long term test car to something much more aggressive. We’ll get to the wheels later this week. But first up is deciding on tires. This is normally an easy decision for us. Basically go to Tirerack and buy whatever Michelin’s latest max performance summer tire is. However we’ve done that plenty over the years. This time we wanted to go a slightly different route.

http://www.motoringfile.com/2015/05/20/mf-garage-summer-tires-for-our-2015-cooper-s/#more-40545

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
So we decided to slightly upsize the width of the tires as we’ve successfully done on F56s in the past. This was also our chance to move into a larger wheel – and that means 18s. In our opinion almost a mandatory given the height of the F56s belt-line. Then there’s the question of run-flats vs normal tires. No surprises if you follow MF at all you’ll know we’ve decided against run-flats due to performance, feel, comfort and price.

This is exactly where I am coming from....see my post about wheels & tires in another subsection on the forum. I think the larger wheels look sooooo much better on the F56! Tire selection is limited though.

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
P.S. I guess it's in the "same section"! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts