Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I've noticed my front black gloss bumper is starting to look a bit milky , can this be buffed up or is a replacement one required? cheers..

·
Registered
157 Posts
hi I've noticed my front black gloss bumper is starting to look a bit milky , can this be buffed up or is a replacement one required? cheers..
If you are talking about the black plastic trim the number plate is mounted to, its a known fault and tends to turn purple. I had mine replaced after the warranty ran out a few years ago.

·
Registered
2016 Mini Cooper Convertible, Blazing Red
106 Posts

There is some discussion about how difficult the tabs are to remove from the bumper. Since you're replacing the entire piece and going to discard it, I'd suggest cutting the tabs off with a Dremel hobby tool or similar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Simple solution and works,buy a bottle of black liquid shoe polish that is for scuffed shoes,use this in a even covering on your bumper,a thin covering at a time when the plastic is cool to the touch.mine was almost Grey,works a treat doesn't was or rub off.try it first $4 is all you have to risk.you will have to replace the panel anyway so worth a try.you will be amazed at how well it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Valet Pro - Black to the Future on all my plastic and rubber components. It covers up the UV damage but needs repeating every month or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts