Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just bought my Clubbie, and have been thinking about where to store my sunglasses. There are the options of putting a glasses case in the door pocket or armrest storage, but it is always a bit fiddly while driving to have to open a glasses case and swap normal spectacles for sunglasses. On a previous car (2003 MY Seat Leon Cupra) there was a standard mod which involved fitting a swing down sunglasses holder from a VW Bora to the grab handle fixing points above the drivers door. I kept that holder when I traded the Cupra in several years ago . When I looked at the positions of the blanking plugs above the door of my Clubman they looked to be on a similar pitch. Further investigation proved that they were, so I've just fitted that sunglasses holder to my MINI.
It was a simple job. As well as the sunglasses holder I needed to buy two 10mm square screw grommets to fit into the holes revealed once the MINI grab handle blanking plugs were removed. These were used to mount the sunglasses holder.
It anyone else is interested in doing this mod, the VW part code for the sunglasses holder is 1J0857465Y20. The screw grommets are available on eBay and car trim clip suppliers part code is FCP-0011x00010. The mod is fully reversible.
Light Fixture Line Automotive design Material property
Vision care Eye glass accessory Luggage and bags Eyewear Automotive lighting
Gadget Audio equipment Automotive design Cable Wire
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive design Rectangle Bumper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you search on eBay for "Car Black SunGlasses Holder Box Case Fit For VW Golf Jetta Bora Polo Transporter" there is a black version. I think it is a Chinese copy, rather than on original VW part, but for less than £11 it could be worth trying?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts