Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just picked up my 65 plate F55 yesterday and so far feeling a bit overwhelmed with the media system!

Can you advise if the radio can be switched off? The car salesperson on the way out said the media system always stays on, but you mute the radio to switch it off. Seems a bit weird to me that, am I a bit old fashioned to want to switch off the radio?

PS I have the visual boost radio 6.5" screen, not the small radio.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The media system stays on when you turn the engine off, and either turns off when you lock the car, or if you press the start stop button again (without your foot on the clutch) it will turn everything off.

Hope that helps. it is a bit overwhelming! I've had mine a week and I'm still trying to work things out!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice and useful notes about how it works when switching off.

I think I've found what I'm looking for, that if I press 'mode' it seems to switch me to a different part of the menu and switches off the radio station as opposed to muting it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the advice and useful notes about how it works when switching off.

I think I've found what I'm looking for, that if I press 'mode' it seems to switch me to a different part of the menu and switches off the radio station as opposed to muting it.
If you toggle to the right using the "mouse" when the display is on, an option allows you to switch off the display (you still have to mute it though)

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you toggle to the right using the "mouse" when the display is on, an option allows you to switch off the display (you still have to mute it though)
I do this all the time at night. Nudge right, then click. Voila, the screen is off. You just nudge or hit any iDrive key and the screen will come back on.

Audio mute is indeed separate, pushing or turning down the volume knob.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you really want to be cool, you can assign the "Turn Control Display Off" function to one of your favorite keys (the 1-6 buttons) to turn the screen off in one press.

I have "1" set to turn the display on/off at night, and "2" to turn the light ring on/off

Reactions: Ryephile

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you really want to be cool, you can assign the "Turn Control Display Off" function to one of your favorite keys (the 1-6 buttons) to turn the screen off in one press.

I have "1" set to turn the display on/off at night, and "2" to turn the light ring on/off
I still have to properly read through all the settings in the manual.

So does that mean when I'm on the sat nav screen and listening to the radio I can have the 1-6 buttons set to do whatever I want?

What part of the system lets you edit that?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I still have to properly read through all the settings in the manual.

So does that mean when I'm on the sat nav screen and listening to the radio I can have the 1-6 buttons set to do whatever I want?

What part of the system lets you edit that?
Yes, they can save any option available in the system, just highlight the option that you want to add to buttons and then press and hold the number where you want to save it until the screen tells you it's done.

If you want to check if a number has something assigned to it just touch the button slightly and the action assigned will show up in the screen ;)

It's really handy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.