Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I’ve finally managed to get it paired! The instructions aren’t very close to what I did to get it paired, but I held the button and the little one in the boot together for ten seconds together, then a double tap of the button and it worked!! Well chuffed, and my god this exhaust is evil!
Hello sir,

I have the same issue with my 2018 LCI, can you advise if you did the above with the engine on?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been running my JCW with Pro Exhaust for a few days now and have done maybe 250 miles in that time...
I am learning about the car all of the time.
I read a post on here the other night about the Pro Exhaust being illegal in open mode on public roads, can you believe I then had a bloody dream of police ?‍♂ pulling me over then hanging around to Nick me.....

Anyhow, the exhaust is proper epic, I love it but I am (as stated above) just started to leave it open BUT cut to green mode in town and only use sport with pro exhaust in the countryside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello sir,

I have the same issue with my 2018 LCI, can you advise if you did the above with the engine on?
No the engine was off but the ignition was on
I've tried it and it did not worked ?

The red light also did not went on in the receiver.. when I disconnected the cable and re connect the light goes on for a few seconds .
I'm so sick about it??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

The red light also did not went on in the receiver.. when I disconnected the cable and re connect the light goes on for a few seconds .
I'm so sick about it??
So as far as I can remember I did the following;
- Ignition on but do not start engine
- Go in to boot and press the button on the receiver to get the light to flash on
- Then hold both the Bluetooth sender button and the button on the receiver together and the lights on both should flash in sync with each other indicating they're paired
- Switch engine on and double tap to open valve

·
Registered
14 Posts

I'm so sick about it??
So as far as I can remember I did the following;
- Ignition on but do not start engine
- Go in to boot and press the button on the receiver to get the light to flash on
- Then hold both the Bluetooth sender button and the button on the receiver together and the lights on both should flash in sync with each other indicating they're paired
- Switch engine on and double tap to open valve
Hmmm the thing is that the light won't go on when is press the button on the receiver.. when I disconnect and reconnect the main connector the light goes on.. after a few seconds the light goes off.??

I also tried the following:

Disconnect and reconnect the main connector in order for the light to go on.
Press the button and the remote and the light stays on longer than before and after one flash it goes off.. still the remote blinks twice, meaning no connection.

I will try again your process but now with starting the car after the 10 seconds pairing

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hmmm the thing is that the light won't go on when is press the button on the receiver.. when I disconnect and reconnect the main connector the light goes on.. after a few seconds the light goes off.??

Press the button and the remote and the light stays on longer than before and after one flash it goes off.. still the remote blinks twice, meaning no connection.

I will try again your process but now with starting the car after the 10 seconds pairing
Did you fit the loom and receiver yourself? I'd be rechecking that it is connected to the correct fuse in the fuse box as it sound like you're only getting power to the receiver for a brief amount of time. I can remember that the light on the receiver would continue to be lit permanently. Maybe hold it until the light stays illuminated, then release it, then hold it again whilst also holding the Bluetooth sender button?

·
Registered
14 Posts

Did you fit the loom and receiver yourself? I'd be rechecking that it is connected to the correct fuse in the fuse box as it sound like you're only getting power to the receiver for a brief amount of time. I can remember that the light on the receiver would continue to be lit permanently. Maybe hold it until the light stays illuminated, then release it, then hold it again whilst also holding the
Bluetooth sender button?

To be honest, I used the power outlet-socket left in the trunk .
I measured the power and it was an ignited power.
The current stays until you turn the car of.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm not sure what else to advise I'm afraid. I just kept playing with it and managed to get mine synced by accident. Have you tried taking the battery out of the sender button just to see if this resets the button. If I remember rightly there's a selector switch on the receiver as well, make sure this is set to the correct one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure what else to advise I'm afraid. I just kept playing with it and managed to get mine synced by accident. Have you tried taking the battery out of the sender button just to see if this resets the button. If I remember rightly there's a selector switch on the receiver as well, make sure this is set to the correct one.

Hello,
I replaced the battery also but no luck.?
I did not noticed a selector on the received but I will check.?

On the sixth of September I have an appointment with the dealer and they will also check the exhaust but i was hoping the get it fixed before that date.??

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello,

On the sixth of September I have an appointment with the dealer and they will also check the exhaust but i was hoping the get it fixed before that date.??
When I get home I can check what position the selector switch is in and let you know, it might make the difference between it working and not

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

When I get home I can check what position the selector switch is in and let you know, it might make the difference between it working and not
Thnx!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello sir,

Hi, Did you have any issue physically installing the JCW Pro exhaust on your LCI model? I know MINI will not sell or fit through the dealer but for example the Remus exhaust will not physically fit the LCI models without replacing the downpipe as well for an aftermarket version.#

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello sir,

Hi, Did you have any issue physically installing the JCW Pro exhaust on your LCI model? I know MINI will not sell or fit through the dealer but for example the Remus exhaust will not physically fit the LCI models without replacing the downpipe as well for an aftermarket version.#

Thanks
The exhaust fits like a glove..no modifications whatsoever... 3 dealerships said it won't fit.. but they wanted to sell it but they did not wanted to do the installation

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ffs... I got it working:D:D:D:D

Please don’t ask me how but worked after trying 100 times.
So glad... I was so ashamed every morning with the cold start in the garage:eek:

Love it now>>:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ffs... I got it working:D:D:D:D

Please don’t ask me how but worked after trying 100 times.
So glad... I was so ashamed every morning with the cold start in the garage:eek:

Love it now>>:D
Glad to hear you've got it going! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where is the button on the receiver?? I don’t see any button, I see the connector, an empty connection slot. And a red LED
So these are the instructions...I’ve tried a number of different methods, I’ve followed it exactly, I’ve tried doing the whole thing with the engine on, I’ve tried it with the engine off the whole time, I’ve tried changing the batteries in the button, I’ve tried letting go when it tells you to hold for 30 seconds, I’ve tried not starting the engine at the end but none of these different slight adjustments have worked...

21 - 37 of 37 Posts