Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm going to replace my black tailgate trim for a chrome one. Yes I know not to everyone taste.but before I do so does anyone know how to remove it. Is there a guide somewhere. Any help is much appreciated.

Black tailgate trim soon for sale too lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
My dealer had to change mine from the satin silver paint finish as supplied by mistake fitted to the car, to a chrome one as ordered as part of the external chrome finish parts.

They didn't take long so it can't be too difficult, but if you have the rear view camera option make sure your new handle has the camera built into it, because that is where it is fitted. My first replacement one did not have a camera and had to be returned.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Factor3,
I swopped over the boot lid trim on my wife's Cooper.
She had the stock chrome and wanted the gloss black after seeing it on my Cooper S.

Bought one from local dealer and fitted in 30 minutes.

Firstly remove the blackplastic trim piece inside the tailgate using the plastic trim tools you can buy from ebay.
There are 5 start bolts if I remember rightly holding the outer trim on which you access from inside.

Once loose unplug the led number plate light wires then reverse the procedure.

This is a job you can do yourself, don't pay dealer labour rates.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I also wanted the black gloss but when I got the quote from the Mini Dealer I felt on my Butt. I am waiting for a wrecked F56 in the Junk Yard or let my Neighbor spray it in his Body Shop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.