Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When unlocking the tailgate with the remote by holding the tailgate button for a couple of seconds, it seems to unlock all the doors as well, then not re-lock when closing it. Had expected the button to just open the tailgate, then it would automatically lock again when closing it.

Have checked the manual and the settings and it just seems to say that this can depend on country version - and there doesn't seem to be any settings for the tailgate option. Anyone else found the same, does this sound right or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When unlocking the tailgate with the remote by holding the tailgate button for a couple of seconds, it seems to unlock all the doors as well, then not re-lock when closing it. Had expected the button to just open the tailgate, then it would automatically lock again when closing it.

Have checked the manual and the settings and it just seems to say that this can depend on country version - and there doesn't seem to be any settings for the tailgate option. Anyone else found the same, does this sound right or am I missing something?
Yes, go in to Vehicle Settings on the centre display and go to the "Doors" setting - I have a feeling your car will be set to "Comfort Access", if you change this to "Drivers" or "All" this should stop this from happening. However Comfort has its perks as for example if you are parked in a tight spot and you double click open, the windows slide down half way when you open the door to make entry easier.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's under Settings, Doors/Key, Tailgate: change from Tailgate+Doors to just Tailgate

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, have checked all the settings and don't have comfort access, also no option to set Tailgate, just the door one (to either drivers door only or all doors). Must be a UK thing I guess as the manual does say it is dependent on location :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.