Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i don't normally talk about my past but i had been waiting for a Double lung transplant for a year.. then in November i received the transplant i needed. Since then i have been doing some of the things i enjoyed doing before i got so unwell.. cleaning my car myself etc.. cycling.. and living in the hills of Brecon in Wales we have some of the best trails about.. So iv upgraded my Old Cube hard tail.. to something a little more Orange..

I unfortunately made it on the front page of our local news paper for New Year.

Thanks.

MicrowaveDave

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Glad to hear you got the treatment you needed!

I realized yesterday that I have a lot more orange than I used to. My car is Volcanic Orange. I live in a citrus orchard and am surrounded by orange trees. I just bought a new wallet-- Orange. I have an orange cat. My favorite kayaking shirt is orange. For my entire life I was pretty much orange-free, and now I am accumulating orange at an alarming rate.

I guess I'm going through my orange phase. Like what you've done with the bike. Maybe I should do the same to mine...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats on surviving a scary sounding operation. I survived a risky and rarely performed surgery earlier this year. I promised myself a new Mini if I survived and even gave my old car to my son before the operation, so that I would have to get one. I ordered my Mini as soon as I was well enough and knowing it was on the way helped me keep going.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Best wishes MD.
Thats a scary operation to go through I reckon, good for you to get out on the bike though.

Having survived a stroke 13 years ago and now battling cancer myself, I can sort of appreciate what you may have gone through.

You only live once so live life to the full (at least thats what I told everyone when I got my Cooper S last September!).

No one knows what the future holds, so don't worry about it too much eh?

Regards MC

·
Registered
844 Posts
Wow! Really heartwarming to read that people on here have come through such difficult times.

A car is such a small thing to most people, but your pride and joy can help get you back to your best.

Nice bike BTW MD...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers.. being only 26 my aim is to live every moment from now on.. loving the cycling.. exploring ways to mount the bike with out to much fuss.. think ill have to crack the welder out and make a receiver plate for the second tow mounting point..

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.